MyEmailTab or also known as My Email Tab Extension, is an ad-supported program. It claims to give user faster login access to emails, but this feature comes along with excessive display of ads. Normally, advertisements shown by MyEmailTab are targeted based on collected data from computer users. MyEmailTab is able to record browsing activities like visited websites, search queries, and anything that is relevant to your online interests.
MyEmailTab delivers advertisements in various formats. Pop-up ads, contextual, redirects, banners, or full-page materials are just some that can bother your online browsing. These ads can be as safe as other online ads if not only for cyber criminals that are utilizing this infamous scheme to spread malicious products. Thus, take all precautions when clicking links from MyEmailTab.
This threat is identical to MyDrivingTab and MyCouponsTab. These unwanted programs are too complicated to remove due to various extensions and objects that are planted on the computer. Typical virus scan might be able to remove MyEmailTab temporarily, but it may reemerge after computer boot-up. Deleting all installed adware components is the only solution to stop MyEmailTab from coming back.
Adware makers commonly bundles their product to installation file of freeware. Thus, when you install free program, MyEmailTab also loads in the background discretely. The whole setup process of this adware will remain concealed until all modules are in place. Obviously, when home page and default search uncovers Emailtabsearch.com, adware is completely setup and running on the computer.
Always mind your safety when browsing the Internet to avoid dubious program like MyEmailTab. As much as possible, never obtain questionable freeware. Download programs only from valid sources and official web sites. It is also vital to protect your computer with anti-malware tool that is capable of blocking malicious file download and suspicious internet traffic.
To totally get rid of MyEmailTab along with other adware, we have provided a simple guide on this page. Using various malware scanners is suggested to delete all hidden adware files that were dropped on various location of your computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for lp.myemailtab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 15, 2019|
|Unverified||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Jan. 15, 2019|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Jan. 15, 2019|
MyEmailTab Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MyEmailTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MyEmailTab, My Email Tab, or Upside Innovations entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MyEmailTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MyEmailTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MyEmailTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove MyEmailTab
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with MyEmailTab. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MyEmailTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed MyEmailTab extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to MyEmailTab.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. MyEmailTab should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by MyEmailTab and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.