MyDrivingTab is a flawed extension made specifically for Google Chrome browser. It claims to give user free driving directions and locations right at browser’s new tab. It also promises to provide search maps and satellite images necessary for driving directions. At first glimpse, this may seem like a valuable tool. However, MyDrivingTab is included in the column of potentially unwanted program (PUP) or Adware. In fact, it is related to browser hijacker called Drivingtabsearch.com.
MyDrivingTab penetrates the system even without user’s approval. Once it is inside, this PUP exhibits annoying pop-up ads and constantly redirect browser to unusual web sites. It may be endorsed as useful tool, but MyDrivingTab has this primary goal of generating online revenue in deceitful way. It is using uncommon advertising network. The same unsafe ads provided that could be the source of adware or malware attack.
Monitoring user’s browsing activities is another illicit thing we see from MyDrivingTab adware. It constantly monitors visited web sites, search inquiry, and other vital online information from user. Bear in mind that logging your personally identifiable details can be too risky and this is what MyDrivingTab does. It steals sensitive and personal details from your online transactions.
MyDrivingTab came from the group of adware that also produces MyTVTab and MoviesNewTab. These programs are advertised as free tools with unique features. MoviesNewTab allegedly enhances your browsing experience but this is simply a trick to entice computer users. None of this adware can be fully beneficial to end-user. So far, it is evident that adware makers are earning huge sum of money through their own advertising scheme.
To free your computer from adware and for the safety of your online activity, we highly suggest the removal of MyDrivingTab. Below is straightforward procedure to help you get rid of the potentially unwanted application.
Online Security Scanner Report for lp.mydrivingtab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 21, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 21, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 21, 2016|
How to Remove MyDrivingTab Adware
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MyDrivingTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MyDrivingTab or Upside Innovations entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MyDrivingTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MyDrivingTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MyDrivingTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove MyDrivingTab
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with MyDrivingTab. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MyDrivingTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed MyDrivingTab extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to MyDrivingTab.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. MyDrivingTab should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by MyDrivingTab and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.