Mydosearch is an addition to the long list of homepage hijacker. Official websites and relevant download pages promote this program as useful browser extension that elevates the online experience of web user. Moreover, it claims that enhancing the online search is one of the features it offers, which produces fast and accurate search results. Even with the said functionalities, web user should be cautious and be vigilant to know what is really Mydosearch.
More about Mydosearch
Even though there are positive statement that Mydosearch is a valuable app, computer security experts are certain that it is a browser hijacker. To support this claim, they even pointed out to Sirris App, Palo App and XMS App as the predecessor of Mydosearch. If that is the case, web user may observe unwanted changes on internet program because executing the unnecessary modification is the first objective of this adware group. Having said that, Mydosearch appoints on search engine and homepage and this action is a total disregard to web user’s preference.
Because Mydosearch is dominating the search tool, web user’s experience on this section will dramatically change. Instead of achieving accurate results, Mydosearch is going to produce search result page containing unreliable links, paid ads, and sponsored links. Web user should avoid clicking any of the links exhibited by Mydosearch because most of the time, it points the browser to a website that causes the download of adware, malware, or virus.
Ads by Mydosearch
Aside from showing sponsored links, presence of Mydosearch on the browser could give way for excessive ads to show up on various section of the internet software. Bear in mind that these are not the usual advertisements that legit websites are serving. Most of the time and as long as Mydosearch is residing on the browser, ads that may pop-up are often malicious and diverts the browser pages to sites that are promoting rogue security application, counterfeit optimization tool, or fake software update.
As stated, internet browser application remains on this troubled state as long as Mydosearch is part of it. Therefore, in order to restore security and privacy on the browser program, user must execute the removal of Mydosearch adware.
Mydosearch Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Mydosearch Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Mydosearch.
Remove Mydosearch Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Mydosearch or relevant entry like and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Mydosearch Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Mydosearch and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Mydosearch Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Mydosearch from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Mydosearch is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from , another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Mydosearch or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Mydosearch automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Mydosearch that assigns as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Mydosearch.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Mydosearch and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Mydosearch browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Mydosearch on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Mydosearch.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Mydosearch. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with .
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Mydosearch. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Mydosearch. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Mydosearch. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Mydosearch.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Mydosearch extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Mydosearch. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Mydosearch should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Mydosearch and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Post Last Modified On October 13, 2020