The term “My Search Finder” is seemingly a valuable browser tool that is able to enhance web user’s online search. In fact, it is really promoted as browser extension that is helpful in improving the search function once it is installed on the browser and replaced the current settings. The problem is, My Search Finder is often making a forcible install that does not heed computer user’s consent. It is disregarding the restriction of the computer by being bundled to various freeware or shareware.
Most of the time My Search Finder or any kind of unwanted program is utilizing the software bundling technique as primary means to distribute the code. It is integrated to freeware such as free tools, utilities, games, media player, download helper, and many more. When computer user proceeds with the setup, My Search Finder likewise installed but with complete secrecy. It aims to evade users’ awareness to prevent them from stopping the installation process.
As soon as My Search Finder installation completes on the internet browser program, it carries out modification on homepage and search engine. Both will utilize the service from Search-find.net, which is actually skeptical. In the first place, Search-find.net will never provide same accurate and fast search results compare to current user’s preference. Therefore, replacing it with this unknown search tool is somehow unreasonable.
User’s online privacy is also at risk during the presence of My Search Finder. The threat is actively collecting browser’s data relating to user’s online activity including search keywords, favorite sites, geographical location, and so on. People behind My Search Finder may misuse the gathered information for their other online frauds or may sell them to third party online marketers that have high demand for web user’s data.
To conclude, makers may promote My Search Finder as valuable app but it is computer user’s responsibility to scrutinize the program and make sure that it brings no threat. If already installed and found to be suspicious, immediate removal is recommended. Procedures to remove My Search Finder are the topic on the next section. Please carry out the steps carefully and thoroughly scan the computer with suggested virus and malware removal tool.
My Search Finder Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Instant Removal : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to My Search Finder.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats because one of those might be the responsible for showing of My Search Finder. Please restart the computer when necassary.
The computer should now be free from My Search Finder. If you feel that the above solution is not sufficient in getting rid of the browser hijacker, please proceed with the succeeding steps.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to My Search Finder.
Remove My Search Finder Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find My Search Finder or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall My Search Finder Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to My Search Finder and remove it from the browser.
Remove My Search Finder Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of My Search Finder from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If My Search Finder is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select My Search Finder or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of My Search Finder on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by My Search Finder.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to My Search Finder.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like My Search Finder.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like My Search Finder.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to My Search Finder and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Stage 4: Remove Incognitonow.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Incognitonow.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Incognitonow.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Incognitonow.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from My Search Finder
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If My Search Finder is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete My Search Finder
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete My Search Finder, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by My Search Finder and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. My Search Finder should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Get rid of Mysearchfinder.co Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Mysearchfinder.co. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Mysearchfinder.co are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Mysearchfinder.co pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Mysearchfinder.co from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be sucessful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Mysearchfinder.co.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Mysearchfinder.co list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Mysearchfinder.co from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Mysearchfinder.co entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Mysearchfinder.co pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Mysearchfinder.co.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Mysearchfinder.co pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Mysearchfinder.co from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.