Rogue application named My PC Repair 2018 claims that it can protect the computer against malware and PUP threats. In addition, it states to enhance system performance, fix software issues, and repair startup troubles. However, during diagnostics, it was found that My PC Repair 2018 is part of rogue family. Among its other variants are Super Cleanup and Auto PC Booster 2018. Without further scrutinizing, it is obvious that all mentioned products shares the same graphical user interface (GUI).
My PC Repair 2018 and similar applications are utilizing software bundles to spread their copy over the internet. It may arrive with malicious software disguising as free games, tool, media player, download manager, and so on. Once installed, My PC Repair 2018 instantly scans the computer and swiftly locates various errors and problems. However, it asserts that activation is required before it can take necessary actions on troubled computer. This scheme is employed by most rogue application to force users into paying for the registered version of their product. Take note that most legitimate programs have 30 days trial version so that users can fully analyze its effectiveness in fixing issues prior to activation.
What also concerns us is that most issues detected by My PC Repair 2018 are not really causing troubles. Identified registry entries and startup errors are not big issues. In fact, Windows Operating System has built-in features to resolve these stated faults on its own. The real and only disturbance as of now is the existence of My PC Repair 2018. Aside from issuing false detection and alerts, its existence can reduce overall system performance. In addition, My PC Repair 2018 can install additional potentially unwanted program (PUP). Thus, it is highly recommended to delete this rogue application as soon as possible. Effectively uninstall My PC Repair 2018 using the guide below. Do not forget to scan the system with valid malware and virus removal tools to locate and delete harmful objects associated to this rogue program.
My PC Repair 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall My PC Repair 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select My PC Repair 2018 from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds My PC Repair 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of My PC Repair 2018 using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for My PC Repair 2018 . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all My PC Repair 2018 entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that My PC Repair 2018 have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to My PC Repair 2018.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.