On initial appearance of My Mac Speedup on Macintosh computers, it will exhibit influx of pop-up alerts and warning messages. Part of the trick is to deceive users and make them believe that several issues are holding back their Mac system from functioning at its peak level. As stated in My Mac Speedup alerts, overall performance is consistently diminishing due to a number of discovered issues. Surprisingly, in few seconds of diagnostics, there are vast amount of falsely identified items that goes over thousand in numbers and excessive gigabytes of crammed up useless files.
Counterfeit programs such as this utilize several means of distribution channels. Aside from promoting this maliciously invented security app on their official website, creators also utilizes malicious advertising campaign as chief disseminating conduit to reach out global preys. In recent studies, numbers speaks that majority of infected users have acquired bogus applications while visiting web pages that purports to be necessary software updates. Keep in mind that if the source is unofficial website, chances are, the downloaded patch was modified to integrate the code of My Mac Speedup. Behind user’s awareness, they are installing a number of surplus applications that will later make computing experience chaotic.
Victims remains unaware of the intrusive malware entry and only time to realize the fault of trusting dishonest web page is when My Mac Speedup initializes full scan on their Mac systems. Along with this emulated scans are repetitive pop-up alerts stating non-existent issues that may include virus and malware infection, internet junk objects, crammed-up hard drive, duplicate files, and start-up errors. As what goes with most bogus security and optimization products, repairing the identified troubles requires paid version of the purported fixer. Therefore, clicking on ‘Clean Now’ or ‘Start Repair’ button on the interface takes user to merchant website to process the payment. At this point, there is no other option but to remove My Mac Speedup. Do not pay for a worthless program that utilizes misleading scheme and scare tactics as main marketing strategy.
Online Security Scanner Report for mymacspeedup.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Feb. 4, 2019|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Feb. 4, 2019|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Feb. 4, 2019|
Procedures to Remove My Mac Speedup
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like My Mac Speedup. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing My Mac Speedup.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit My Mac Speedup Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close My Mac Speedup window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for My Mac Speedup. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to My Mac Speedup. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete My Mac Speedup Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs My Mac Speedup during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs My Mac Speedup.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select My Mac Speedup from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed My Mac Speedup
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing My Mac Speedup to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- My Mac Speedup
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including My Mac Speedup.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, My Mac Speedup is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.