When browser constantly redirects to hp.hmyemailchecker.co every time the web user performs a search, then, it is possible that a browser hijacker is present on the computer causing this occurrence. In this case, it is certain that My Email Checker adware is the sole culprit.
Origin of My Email Checker Adware
My Email Checker associates the URL hp.hmyemailchecker.co on infected browser program and assign it as the default search engine, homepage, and new tab page. The unwanted program voluntarily makes the shifts without the authorization of computer user. This invasive behavior of the My Email Checker when installed on the computer tells that it is indeed appropriate to be under the potentially unwanted program (PUP) class. The presence of such dubious app usually causes redirects and exaggerated displays of advertisements or pop-ups.
My Email Checker infection method
This kind of application is typically offered through advertisements or software bundles. There are ads that promote links to unsafe websites where it proposes the installation of unwanted programs; of course, developers will not state that a particular application is malicious; instead they will endorse it as useful tool to deceive users. Thus, web users should always pay attention when installing programs coming from unreliable sources. There are software installers that can include extra apps during the loading process. Be careful on what to agree during the installation. Unfamiliar programs should be check first and exclude if found suspicious.
Payload of My Email Checker PUP
After successful installation, My Email Checker will begin to operate on the computer. It modifies browser settings to generate intrusive ads and triggers redirects. Such uncontrolled appearances literally diminish the browsing experience of online users causing to limit the view of web page contents. Aside from misbehavior on the browser, My Email Checker also threatens the privacy of internet users as well as the safety of the computer. A potentially unwanted program like My Email Checker can track browsing –related details and private information about internet users. In other words, the installation of My Email Checker can lead to serious privacy and security issues.
My Email Checker Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Hp.hmyemailchecker.co hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete My Email Checker Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to My Email Checker.
Remove My Email Checker Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find My Email Checker or relevant entry like Hp.hmyemailchecker.co and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall My Email Checker Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to My Email Checker and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Hp.hmyemailchecker.co is also gone from the homepage.
Remove My Email Checker Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of My Email Checker from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Hp.hmyemailchecker.co from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If My Email Checker is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Hp.hmyemailchecker.co, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select My Email Checker or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove My Email Checker automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like My Email Checker that assigns Hp.hmyemailchecker.co as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to My Email Checker.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including My Email Checker and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the My Email Checker browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Hp.hmyemailchecker.co still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of My Email Checker on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Hp.hmyemailchecker.co pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by My Email Checker.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to My Email Checker. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Hp.hmyemailchecker.co.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by My Email Checker. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with My Email Checker. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from My Email Checker. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of My Email Checker.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed My Email Checker extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to My Email Checker. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. My Email Checker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by My Email Checker and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Get rid of Hp.hmyemailchecker.co Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Hp.hmyemailchecker.co. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hp.hmyemailchecker.co are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hp.hmyemailchecker.co pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Hp.hmyemailchecker.co from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Hp.hmyemailchecker.co.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Hp.hmyemailchecker.co list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Hp.hmyemailchecker.co from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hp.hmyemailchecker.co entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Hp.hmyemailchecker.co pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Hp.hmyemailchecker.co.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Hp.hmyemailchecker.co pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Hp.hmyemailchecker.co from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
Post Last Modified On August 17, 2020