Another annoying fake search engine to avoid is My Easy Lotto. This unwanted new tab and redirect adware will not only override homepage settings, it was designed to deliver considerable amount of annoying advertisements like contextual, pop-ups, and redirects. Although My Easy Lotto is presented as a search tool that helps user find lottery results on specific location, many are still not convince that it is worthy to have on the browser. Aside from providing legitimate website links, the modified homepage is also comprise of links to various websites where credibility is in question.
Looking at My Easy Lotto homepage appearance, it is hard to distinguish all the disturbing tasks it prepares once it has gain full control of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Obviously, it is capable of replacing homepage, new tab, and search provider as what most adware do. But aside from that, My Easy Lotto handles data monitoring on the computer in which it is tasks to gather information including search inquiry, favorite websites, and personal identifiable data like geographical location, IP address and more. These are vital for My Easy Lotto’s advertising scheme where in it intends to display personalized advertisements on the browser. It is clear that its interfering act meant only to generate online profit at the expense of infecting user’s browser application.
My Easy Lotto’s presence on computer is a result of user’s negligence when downloading freeware or shareware. Adware makers are exploiting this distribution of cost-less bundled applications to widely spread My Easy Lotto all over the internet. Not all software bundles have this adware, but a great number of them especially those that are offered on questionable websites may cause adware infection.
If browser is revealing signs of My Easy Lotto, please execute the guide below to eliminate the threat. Scan the computer with recommended anti-virus and anti-malware tool to locate and delete all malicious entities associated with this adware.
Online Security Scanner Report for myeasylotto.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 1.0/5.0||Updated: Feb. 03, 2019|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 03, 2019|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 03, 2019|
My Easy Lotto Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to My Easy Lotto.
Remove My Easy Lotto Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find My Easy Lotto or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall My Easy Lotto Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to My Easy Lotto and remove it from the browser.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of My Easy Lotto on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by My Easy Lotto.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to My Easy Lotto.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Remove My Easy Lotto Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
Preceding steps may have removed My Easy Lotto from the browser already. This next procedure is needed to double-check that browser is free from any adware remnants especially from My Easy Lotto. Avast Browser Cleanup is a free tool that restores the browser to its initial, clean state. It will get rid of annoying browser extensions, toolbars, and search hijackers.
1. Click the link below to download this free tool.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. To run the installer, please double-click the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. Run the tool to start analyzing the browsers. It will state whether browser is free from threats or cleanup is needed. Perform suggested cleanup if the tool found suspicious extensions, add-ons, or plug-ins.
4. If Avast Browser Cleanup verifies if you want to permanently delete suspicious entries, click Yes to proceed with the removal of My Easy Lotto.
Stage 4: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like My Easy Lotto.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like My Easy Lotto.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to My Easy Lotto and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from My Easy Lotto
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If My Easy Lotto is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete My Easy Lotto
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete My Easy Lotto, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by My Easy Lotto and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. My Easy Lotto should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Post Last Modified On March 3, 2019