Google Chrome browser extension called Maps 360 Pro is another addition to the list of potentially unwanted program (PUP). This one claims to be unique by providing free maps and user-friendly navigation tools right at the homepage and new tab window. Maps 360 Pro may appear useful; however, it is also suspicious at the same time.
Makers of this program are employing intrusive technique to penetrate a target computer system. In most instances, Maps 360 Pro is part of questionable software bundles masking as free game, utilities, media player, download manager, or software update. During execution of mentioned freeware, Maps 360 Pro is accomplishing its own stealth installation. It primarily hits Google Chrome browser and load itself as an extension. Through this method, Maps 360 Pro may be able to dominate the browser and operate its task consistently.
Similar to most potentially unwanted program, Maps 360 Pro may set itself as default homepage and asserts that this is necessary for users to have easy access on its features. However, our test reveals that it has other unfair practices and this includes collecting of data like users identity, personal preferences, visited websites, link clicks, and IP address.
If user disagrees with this type of data gathering routine by Maps 360 Pro, there is no other option but to remove the program from the browser. Anyway, there are other maps and directions finder application that are far more trusted than Maps 360 Pro. Google Maps is one safe and efficient application to consider.
Maps 360 Pro Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Maps 360 Pro from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Maps 360 Pro from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Maps 360 Pro persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Maps 360 Pro from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Maps 360 Pro by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Maps 360 Pro removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Maps 360 Pro. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Maps 360 Pro. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Maps 360 Pro
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Maps 360 Pro entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Maps 360 Pro.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Maps 360 Pro and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Maps 360 Pro. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Post Last Modified On December 15, 2018