Official website of MacRapidizer advertise this program as Mac system optimization tool that fixes errors, cleans up clutter, and enhances computer’s performance to its maximum level. With Multiple Cleanup features, users may reclaim lost drive space due to unused redundant and temporary files. MacRapidizer is also offering an App Manager to help user in organizing installed applications, internet history, and system start-ups. Duplicate Remover is another exciting feature that MacRapidizer is showing off. According to website, this feature is useful to locate and eliminate duplicate files to remove unnecessary drive clutter.
Even with vast features and enticing functions, there is still no reason for user to trust MacRapidizer. First, this optimization tool comes from infamous developers that keeps on producing rogue applications and manages to swindle money from its victims through deceiving tactics. Similar Photo Cleaner, Mac Defender, and Mac Cleanup Pro are just some examples of their previous products which is very similar to MacRapidizer.
Keep in mind that these rogue programs are utilizing deceptive websites that displays non-existent errors on visitor’s computer. On some instances, attackers are exploiting software bundles so that users may unknowingly install MacRapidizer on their computer. These are just few reasons why computer security experts categorized the program as potentially unwanted application or PUA.
After successful installation, MacRapidizer initiates optimization scan and quickly declare dozens of issues and errors found on Mac computer. The software suggests fixing the problem to improve system performance, free-up disk clutter, and remove any threats. However, users can only proceed after paying for the registered version of MacRapidizer. It is apparent at this stage that every action it took is just part of scare tactics to deceive users and oblige them to buy the program.
As mentioned, MacRapidizer came from rogue software family so there is no reason to shell out money for this useless app. It is best to remove it from Mac system to restore safety and security. Complete guide to get rid of MacRapidizer is posted on this page. Be sure to follow the guide in exact order to ensure effective removal of the rogue program.
Procedures to Remove MacRapidizer
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like MacRapidizer. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing MacRapidizer.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit MacRapidizer Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close MacRapidizer window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for MacRapidizer. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to MacRapidizer. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete MacRapidizer Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs MacRapidizer during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs MacRapidizer.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select MacRapidizer from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed MacRapidizer
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing MacRapidizer to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including MacRapidizer.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, MacRapidizer is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.