Official website starts to promote Mac Speedup Pro as a tool with state of the art technology and coded by industry experts. It is hard to trust this program due to this slogan because it is clear that Mac Speedup Pro is just a remake of previously circulated rogue program which includes Similar Photo Cleaner, MAC Defender, and so on.
Like all other versions, Mac Speedup Pro is marketed by utilizing malicious advertising campaign that capitalizes on browser redirect, pop-up advertisements, and fake online scanners. These online pages are using scare tactics by presenting system scan that claims to identify a series of troubles. Later on, it prompts to immediately fix the errors and optimize the system by downloading a copy of Mac Speedup Pro.
On some instances, unwelcome browser pages will display exaggerated features to promote Mac Speedup Pro as valuable tool for Macintosh users. Disk cleanup, startup cleaner, file manager, and free 24/7 technical support are just some element of the program that may entice users to purchase Mac Speedup Pro.
Keep in mind that Mac Speedup Pro is a rogue program that aims to swindle money from victims by using deceiving methods and illusory online marketing scheme. In fact, it also runs simulated local system scans and provides falsified results to persuade users into paying for Mac Speedup Pro registration key. For this reason, computer security experts especially Macintosh enthusiasts never trust this program and advises to remove such rogue application if ever they were found on the computer.
Complete procedures to remove Mac Speedup Pro are included on this page. We are also offering efficient anti-malware and anti-virus tools that are helpful in locating and deleting malware objects from the computer.
Procedures to Remove Mac Speedup Pro
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Mac Speedup Pro. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Mac Speedup Pro.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit Mac Speedup Pro Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Mac Speedup Pro window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Mac Speedup Pro. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Mac Speedup Pro. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Mac Speedup Pro Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Mac Speedup Pro during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Mac Speedup Pro.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Mac Speedup Pro from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Mac Speedup Pro
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Mac Speedup Pro to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- Mac Speedup Pro
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mac Speedup Pro.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mac Speedup Pro is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.