Mac Heal Pro is deemed as potentially unwanted program (PUP) that sneaks into Macintosh system via freeware bundles and suspicious third-party applications. This bundling scheme can run discrete installation of Mac Heal Pro and other PUP. Thus, users are astounded on the sudden existence of this program. In fact, some Macintosh users regard it as virus infection.
Once Mac Heal Pro is installed, it will carry out a scan to win the trust of computer users. It will display various alerts and warnings stating that several threats and problems were found on the computer. Also, Mac Heal Pro will emulate a virus scan using its own engine and detects countless threats and issues on the system. Similar to most rogue application, Mac Heal Pro demands user to pay for the registered version before it can fix or clean identified troubles.
It is clear that Mac Heal Pro is utilizing scare tactics to swindle money from computer users. Its fake scan and detect exhibit aims to mislead users and convince them that buying the full version of Mac Heal Pro is essential at the current situation. This scheme is repeatedly utilize by cyber criminals because there are still users falling into this trap. Thus, we are publishing this article as information campaign to warn computer users about the danger of having Mac Heal Pro and other similar rogue applications.
Coming up with programs on the computer without any user’s intervention is a clear indication that system is under malware attack. Thus, we highly advice immediate removal of the offending program even though it presents itself as optimization and security tool like Mac Heal Pro. Complete guide to get rid of this threat is presented on this page. Execute the steps in exact manner to ensure complete removal of Mac Heal Pro.
Procedures to Remove Mac Heal Pro
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Mac Heal Pro. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Mac Heal Pro.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Mac Heal Pro rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit Mac Heal Pro Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Mac Heal Pro window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Mac Heal Pro. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Mac Heal Pro. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Mac Heal Pro Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Mac Heal Pro during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Mac Heal Pro.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Mac Heal Pro from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Mac Heal Pro Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 4: Delete Mac Heal Pro Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Mac Heal Pro or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Mac Heal Pro to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 5 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Mac Heal Pro
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Mac Heal Pro to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 6 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mac Heal Pro.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mac Heal Pro is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.