On its official web site, Logicalocks is marketed as worthy desktop tool that improves web browsing experience. It asserts to integrate Desktop Widget that allows user to easily Search, Connect, Convert, Translate, and use other helpful features of the program at no cost. At first glimpse, computer user may appreciate Logicalocks because of what it can offer. However, some turn it down when local security application starts to issue notification about the danger of having Logicalocks.
Logicalocks is classified as Potentially Unwanted Program or Adware. It composes of ad-supported features that can distract your online activity. Logicalocks runs on Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox as extension. This simple added code will cause the browser to initiate pop-ups with labels Ads by Logicalocks or Brought by Logicalocks. In spite of every effort you do to stop the ads, it will continuously show up on the browser as long as the adware exists.
Logicalocks is identical to Cornalium, Clickrise, and Seasalts. Publishers are spreading these adware bundled with shareware or freeware. They are also employing pay-per-install scheme wherein software developers are getting paid by bundling Logicalocks to their product. Initial way for user to obtain this unwanted program is through freeware bundles. Therefore, take extra precaution when downloading apps, especially from questionable sites.
Keep in mind that Logicalocks and other relevant threats can endanger your online security and privacy. Some ads from Logicalocks may land you to a malicious website that hosts malware or PUP. Before things gets out of control, it is vital to remove Logicalocks and related adware. On this page are procedures and tools you can apply to get rid of the threats.
Online Security Scanner Report for logicalocks.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 15, 2019|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Jan. 15, 2019|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Jan. 15, 2019|
Logicalocks Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Logicalocks
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Logicalocks or Linkury entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Logicalocks. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Logicalocks from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Logicalocks on the affected browser.
Step 4 (Optional): Reset the Browser to Remove Logicalocks
If the tools offered above are not helpful in restoring your browser to previous normal state, adware may still be present. Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on or extension is vital when dealing with Logicalocks. The procedure below will guide you to reset various browsers to its default state.
Remove Logicalocks from Google (Reset Feature)
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard:
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Logicalocks. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Logicalocks from Internet Explorer (Reset Settings)
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Logicalocks and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Remove Logicalocks from Mozilla Firefox (Refresh Function)
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Logicalocks.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and go to Troubleshooting Information page by typing this in the address bar: about:support
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a Tune Up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Logicalocks should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.