Live PDF Converter is an application that developers are spreading to cause complications on computers and browser programs. Its operations mainly targets web browsers especially well known ones such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. Live PDF Converter can deploy intrusive advertisements and redirects constantly while web visitors were browsing the internet. Clicking any of those adverts could link online users to different kinds of websites; it can be unexpected or undesirable ones. Such web pages can be risky; it can exhibit malicious contents or frauds that ought to fool internet users in exchange of money or something valuable.
Live PDF Converter associate its own web address Portal.livepdfconverter.com and set it as default on browser settings. Home page, new tab page, and search engine will use this URL in providing search results. Unfortunately, it may be inaccurate and unreliable. Live PDF Converter generates ads and redirects, which can annoy and disturb internet user’s attention while surfing online. It is advisable not to click anything on internet; deceptive ads are everywhere trying to trick online users. Sometimes, ads shown by Live PDF Converter can inject similar unwanted application to computer. Further exposure to malicious programs could bring more risk of infection and threat to privacy and security.
Live PDF Converter is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP), it is common for this type to track and record data of device and even personal details of web visitors. The safety of computer as well as the privacy and security of online users can be at risk once Live PDF Converter locates it by spying on operating system. Data gathered by Live PDF Converter can be use for cyber crime purposes such as hacking, blackmailing, exploiting, or identity theft. These instances are possible as long as there is an adware or PUP running on computer.
Some online users install it intentionally since developers endorse it as a genuine application. However, Live PDF Converter can inject itself into computers even without online user’s permission. That is how malicious and suspicious this program is, carelessness while installing or downloading software could lead to let Live PDF Converter invades operating system. In addition, there are advertisements in which it can automatically install Live PDF Converter on computer. So, be careful when clicking pop-ups or ads from the internet. Malware developers has several techniques to market their unwanted software, awareness is a good thing to practice in order to stay safe while online.
Live PDF Converter Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Live PDF Converter.
Remove Live PDF Converter Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Live PDF Converter or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Live PDF Converter Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Live PDF Converter and remove it from the browser.
Delete Live PDF Converter Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Live PDF Converter or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If Livepdfconverter.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove Live PDF Converter Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Live PDF Converter from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Live PDF Converter is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Live PDF Converter or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Live PDF Converter on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Live PDF Converter.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Live PDF Converter.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Live PDF Converter.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Live PDF Converter.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Live PDF Converter and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Stage 4: Remove Install.livepdfconverter.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Install.livepdfconverter.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Install.livepdfconverter.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Install.livepdfconverter.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Live PDF Converter
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Live PDF Converter is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Live PDF Converter
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Live PDF Converter, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Live PDF Converter and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Live PDF Converter should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Live PDF Converter from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.