LET IT NET may look like an important security tool for your browser. Thus, many users are enticed to download this program. Though, some security professionals deemed this application as potentially unwanted program. LET IT NET is marketed as the best online privacy defender. However, during installation of this tool, other adware may also get inside the computer without user’s knowledge.
Computer user may obtain LET IT NET from various paid advertisements circulating over the internet. There are instances that ads will pop-up from a visited web site stating internet security problem. Consequently, it recommends checking your computer using LET IT NET.
Pay-per-install method is also involved in the distribution of LET IT NET. In such cases, you may acquire the program by downloading and installing free software with bundled adware. LET IT NET gets loaded on the computer without authority from user. Setting up the freeware likewise loads LET IT NET in the background.
LET IT NET is available in various web platforms. It runs on Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Added extensions or add-ons on the browser is essential for this adware to change certain settings and partially have control over it. These changes may also trigger Ads by LET IT NET to appear on the browser.
Adware and malicious programs are not the only threats that can be present on systems affected by LET IT NET. This adware also watches over user’s web browsing habit and records all Internet activities including visited web sites and search inquiry. Moreover, LET IT NET may issue advertisements to compensate the expenses for making this free tool, most of all to gain additional profit.
Online Security Scanner Report for letitnet.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Updated: Jan. 15, 2019|
|Unverified||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Updated: Jan. 15, 2019|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Updated: Jan. 15, 2019|
LET IT NET Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall LET IT NET
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove LET IT NET entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to LET IT NET. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove LET IT NET Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted LET IT NET from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of LET IT NET on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove LET IT NET
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with LET IT NET. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from LET IT NET. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed LET IT NET extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to LET IT NET.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. LET IT NET should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by LET IT NET and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.