K9-MacOptimizer is a computer program that some people find too annoying. First, it may arrive on Mac system without user’s approval. K9-MacOptimizer may come with adware and other software bundles that routinely spread over the internet to distribute malicious programs.
On its official website, K9-MacOptimizer is endorsed as a one-click cleaning tool that finds junk files, temporary files, redundant cache, and unnecessary log files. Through this optimization procedure, K9-MacOptimizer claims to boost performance of your computer.
K9-MacOptimizer seems to be a useful tool, however, due to its association with various adware and PUP’s, security experts find it disturbing to see this program running on the computer. In addition, K9-MacOptimizer runs a scan and produces tricky results. It aims to deceive computer users via these mockery scans that try to convince them into upgrading the program to a paid registered version.
As you can see, K9-MacOptimizer is a program that was made simply to be sold without any valid attestation to its effectiveness. Thus, we cannot declare that it is safe to install the program and let it be your default Mac OS X optimization tool.
If you share similar findings with us and wanted to remove K9-MacOptimizer from the computer, we have outlined and easy-to-follow procedures on this page. Scan the computer with suggested anti-malware tool to ensure that all items, including hidden ones will be deleted.
Online Security Scanner Report for k9macoptimizer.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 09, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Jan. 09, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Jan. 09, 2017|
Procedures to Remove K9 Mac Optimizer
Below is a simple procedure to help you get rid of K9-MacOptimizer from Macintosh system. It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1: Quit K9-MacOptimizer Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close K9-MacOptimizer window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for K9-MacOptimizer. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to K9-MacOptimizer. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed K9-MacOptimizer
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder…
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the K9-MacOptimizer to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most recent ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step2, number 4. Drag them to the Trash.
10. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
11. Lastly, please Empty your Mac’s Trash bin.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including K9-MacOptimizer.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, K9-MacOptimizer is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.
Step 4: Delete Mac Tuneup Process Login Account
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This may not be necessary, but if in case you want to delete this unwanted entry, please follow these steps:
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select the user account related to K9-MacOptimizer.
5. To delete K9-MacOptimizer account, click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.