Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com is part of Weather Pilot Tab, an application endorsed as a useful search provider and online tool to check for weather updates. Though it seems like a legitimate app, it conceals malicious intents towards the computer functions. Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com is dubbed as potentially unwanted program (PUP) operating as a browser hijacker. The main goal of this suspicious search tool is to hijack web browsers and alters settings in order to support their malicious operations. Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com integrates this same unique URL as the new default setting on homepage and new tab window.
Execution of Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com on the computer literally causes implications and issues. The installation of this hijacker can be intentional or accidental, depending on how web users encounter the carrier. Either way, Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com can penetrate without consent from web users. Usually, freeware or any unwanted applications incorporates Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com on internet programs. Some installers do not reveal that there is another program included on the process. In this way, adware can infiltrate without users understanding.
Since Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com can proliferate without permission, web users might later found out that this application is running on the operating system. There are signs that may occur indicating that the threat is present on computer. Such symptoms include:
- The home page, new tab page, and search engine mysteriously changed into Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com associated web link.
- Intrusive advertisements in different forms such as banners, surveys, coupons, and pop-ups were overlaying web page contents.
- Browser redirects appears anywhere on computer screen. Clicking those could lead to various dubious sites.
- Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com typically reduces computer performance.
- Internet connection and browsing decreases speed.
- Installation of unwanted application automatically, resulting to further issues on the operating system.
Threat to privacy and security
Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com has the ability to track private information about web users. It can also trace browser-related details such as IP address, geographical location, frequently visited pages, clicked ads, accessed websites, and any other relevant data. Moreover, it can gather personal information of internet users including full name, address, username, passwords, phone and mobile number. Even credit card and bank account details are in danger with this threat. Confidential data like these can fall into the possession of cyber criminals and use it for blackmailing, extorting, and identity stealing. Through this, they can generate income by using such methods against the web users.
Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com.
Remove Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com and remove it from the browser.
Delete Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If Theweatherpilot.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Stage 4: Remove Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Hp.Stheweatherpilot.com from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.