Hp.htestspeedhere.com is a browser hijacker that is responsible for amending internet software with unusual settings. Instead of Google or Bing, the search engine as well as the new tab page and homepage is set to a different web link.Associated Test Speed Here is the main application that causes this kind of unwanted changes on the computer. It is deemed as a very invasive potentially unwanted program (PUP), which is under the class of browser hijacker.
The existence of Hp.htestspeedhere.com in the operating system can lead to hijacking of web browsers. Hp.htestspeedhere.com operates by spying and collecting browsing information of internet users. Hp.htestspeedhere.com aims to locate IP address, web user’s location, and any other related details. After learning the important data, Hp.htestspeedhere.com will deploy numerous advertisements in various forms such as pop-ups, banners, or push notifications. Clicking these adverts could dominate installation of unwanted apps or malware, because intrusive ads can execute script to do this process. Hp.htestspeedhere.com also triggers browser redirects, which could link to untrustworthy and suspicious websites. Accessing such sites can pose a threat to internet users.
The main objective of Hp.htestspeedhere.com is not to be useful in any way. Even though developers endorse Hp.htestspeedhere.com as a capable application, it is just a technique to trick web users into installing it. Hp.htestspeedhere.com aims to make alterations onto browser in order to support their operations. Consistently appearing of ads and pop-ups can diminish browsing experience of web users. Frequently visited pages will probably not display properly. What more is, it can directly reduce computer performance and slows internet browsing.
Since Hp.htestspeedhere.com is a PUP, it can embark on the computer mysteriously. A lot of online users are wondering how this unwanted app installed on their computer. Developers have to market their programs to generate income. There are several ways to spread malicious applications. One of the most common ways is through software package. Download sites offers freeware, ready for installation. Some of these apps are requiring other programs before proceeding with the process. Mostly, free apps were incorporating adware or PUP. Ignoring some methods before installation could result to penetration of unwanted applications.
Hp.htestspeedhere.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Hp.htestspeedhere.com.
Remove Hp.htestspeedhere.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Hp.htestspeedhere.com, Test Speed Here, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Hp.htestspeedhere.com Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Hp.htestspeedhere.com or Test Speed Here and remove it from the browser.
Remove Hp.htestspeedhere.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Hp.htestspeedhere.com from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Hp.htestspeedhere.com is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Hp.htestspeedhere.com, Test Speed Here, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Hp.htestspeedhere.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Hp.htestspeedhere.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Hp.htestspeedhere.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Hp.htestspeedhere.com.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Hp.htestspeedhere.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Hp.htestspeedhere.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Stage 4: Remove Hp.htestspeedhere.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Hp.htestspeedhere.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Hp.htestspeedhere.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Hp.htestspeedhere.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Hp.htestspeedhere.com
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Hp.htestspeedhere.com is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Hp.htestspeedhere.com
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Hp.htestspeedhere.com, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Hp.htestspeedhere.com and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Hp.htestspeedhere.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Hp.htestspeedhere.com from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.