Hp.htestspeedhere.com is a browser hijacker that is responsible for amending internet software with unusual settings. Instead of Google or Bing, the search engine as well as the new tab page and homepage is set to a different web link.Associated Test Speed Here is the main application that causes this kind of unwanted changes on the computer. It is deemed as a very invasive potentially unwanted program (PUP), which is under the class of browser hijacker.
The existence of Hp.htestspeedhere.com in the operating system can lead to hijacking of web browsers. Hp.htestspeedhere.com operates by spying and collecting browsing information of internet users. Hp.htestspeedhere.com aims to locate IP address, web user’s location, and any other related details. After learning the important data, Hp.htestspeedhere.com will deploy numerous advertisements in various forms such as pop-ups, banners, or push notifications. Clicking these adverts could dominate installation of unwanted apps or malware, because intrusive ads can execute script to do this process. Hp.htestspeedhere.com also triggers browser redirects, which could link to untrustworthy and suspicious websites. Accessing such sites can pose a threat to internet users.
The main objective of Hp.htestspeedhere.com is not to be useful in any way. Even though developers endorse Hp.htestspeedhere.com as a capable application, it is just a technique to trick web users into installing it. Hp.htestspeedhere.com aims to make alterations onto browser in order to support their operations. Consistently appearing of ads and pop-ups can diminish browsing experience of web users. Frequently visited pages will probably not display properly. What more is, it can directly reduce computer performance and slows internet browsing.
Since Hp.htestspeedhere.com is a PUP, it can embark on the computer mysteriously. A lot of online users are wondering how this unwanted app installed on their computer. Developers have to market their programs to generate income. There are several ways to spread malicious applications. One of the most common ways is through software package. Download sites offers freeware, ready for installation. Some of these apps are requiring other programs before proceeding with the process. Mostly, free apps were incorporating adware or PUP. Ignoring some methods before installation could result to penetration of unwanted applications.
Hp.htestspeedhere.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of browser hijacker like Hp.htestspeedhere.com through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Hp.htestspeedhere.com, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Hp.htestspeedhere.com hijacker including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows includes Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Delete Hp.htestspeedhere.com Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Hp.htestspeedhere.com.
Remove Hp.htestspeedhere.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Hp.htestspeedhere.com or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Hp.htestspeedhere.com Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
Used for Getsearchredirecting.com spin
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Hp.htestspeedhere.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Hp.htestspeedhere.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Hp.htestspeedhere.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Hp.htestspeedhere.com from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete unwanted entry from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Hp.htestspeedhere.com is still present on the IE browser and there are still unwanted homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Hp.htestspeedhere.com or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Hp.htestspeedhere.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Hp.htestspeedhere.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Hp.htestspeedhere.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Hp.htestspeedhere.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Hp.htestspeedhere.com browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Hp.htestspeedhere.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Hp.htestspeedhere.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Hp.htestspeedhere.com. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Hp.htestspeedhere.com. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Hp.htestspeedhere.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Hp.htestspeedhere.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Hp.htestspeedhere.com.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Hp.htestspeedhere.com extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Hp.htestspeedhere.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Hp.htestspeedhere.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Hp.htestspeedhere.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.