GorillaPrice is a browser extension released by NetNucleus. It is categorized as adware that gives you more than enough choices of coupons and discounts that you can enjoy using while shopping online. It can be installed willingly through their own site and affiliate hosts. Also, publisher of GorillaPrice put it along with free software. The manner of arrival of this program to someone’s PC gives negative impact to some online shoppers. In spite of the fact that using GorillaPrice may help you in purchasing items at best price, you still have to take in consideration the harm it may bring.
In almost main browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, this adware works well. Therefore, you have to make sure to delete GorillaPrice from all browsers that are installed on your computer. Removing the file gorillaprice.exe from program folder may also disable this adware. This action would help you to protect yourself and your system not to divulge your privacy.
Main function of GorillaPrice once it installed is to spy your browsing activity. It collects all details that can help in exhibiting relevant ads. The adware also aims on increasing web traffic for its client’s website, which they promote various products. In your end, what you see is plenty of ads mostly related from your previous search queries. Though your interest is almost there, you must take caution before clicking any of the ads. GorillaPrice is not counted as virus or any form of malware but displayed ads and links may take you to corrupted websites.
To safeguard your PC from any adware or even unwanted program, you have to be alert at all times when downloading and installing any program. Practise to read and choose correctly what is supposedly to be installed and exclude bundled rubbish programs. As to removal of GorillaPrice, we can help you to delete it fully. Simply follow our guide on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for gorillaprice.com:
By checking the web site, we can somehow clarify if the program gains trust from computer security companies as well as individual users. With the three tests we have conducted, we didn’t get unanimous findings about GorillaPrice web site. One test deemed the site as suspicious.
|Warning||Feedback: Threats found||Updated: Aug. 16, 2015|
|Dangerous||Feedback: Malicious site||Updated: Aug. 16, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Aug. 16, 2015|
How GorillaPrice adware enters a computer?
Adware typically penetrate a computer by incorporating itself to freeware and shareware. Users normally have no intention of downloading and installing the adware like GorillaPrice. However, since they are bundled, two or more programs will get installed by executing the desired software.
How to Stop GorillaPrice Ads (Removal Guide)
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to GorillaPrice. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted GorillaPrice from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of GorillaPrice on the affected browser.
Optional: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from GorillaPrice
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with GorillaPrice. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to GorillaPrice. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, you can view complete procedures here.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. GorillaPrice should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by GorillaPrice and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the instructions manually, please see this specific procedure.