Global PC Cleaner Pro is categorized as malicious software since it presents itself as an effective Windows cleaner and system optimizer. It can infiltrate your Windows computer and cause a variety of problems, from obtrusive pop-ups to system slowdown. This fake program is the offspring of rogue system optimizers and was built using the design of earlier malicious programs. Apart from the fact that it is sold under a new label, this most recent variation has no distinguishing characteristics.
How does Global PC Cleaner Pro enter the computer?
Global PC Cleaner Pro can infiltrate a computer in a few specific ways. Global PC Cleaner Pro targets everyday computer users who are constantly online, either for regular web browsing or in search of free software. This is typical of most bogus applications. Internet users who come across an advertisement for Global PC Cleaner Pro are generally exposed to “malvertising” (deceptive advertising) or fictitious virus scan pages that make alarming claims about the security of the user’s computer. They frequently act irresponsibly if they don’t realize that this is only an attempt by the attacker to trick them into downloading Global PC Cleaner Pro.
When installing programs, users who are looking for freebies or bundles of apps frequently disregard standard security precautions. They neglect the precautionary measure recommended by computer security experts to carefully review downloaded applications before running the file and instead choose to install the program without realizing that doing so could make them vulnerable to rogue programs like Global PC Cleaner Pro.
The operation of Global PC Cleaner Pro
The computer will be inundated with numerous warnings and alarms while the dubious system optimization tool is around. Moreover, Global PC Cleaner Pro frequently does a full system scan that typically interferes with currently running programs. Thousands of incorrectly recognized invalid registry entries and other problems will be discovered after the computer has been checked. More of the same coercive tactics will be used in the future to pressure users into using only the Global PC Cleaner Pro paid version to resolve their issues.
Global PC Cleaner Pro is a fake Windows optimization program, as already mentioned, and it has no business being installed on a computer for any length of time. Use the instructions on this page to delete it from the computer as soon as possible for your own protection and security.
Global PC Cleaner Pro Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Global PC Cleaner Pro through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Global PC Cleaner Pro, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Global PC Cleaner Pro rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Global PC Cleaner Pro
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Global PC Cleaner Pro and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Global PC Cleaner Pro from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Global PC Cleaner Pro from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Global PC Cleaner Pro unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Global PC Cleaner Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Global PC Cleaner Pro using Anti-malware Program
To remove Global PC Cleaner Pro automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Global PC Cleaner Pro that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Global PC Cleaner Pro.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.