Pop-up ads coming from Getlive.news website are unusual advertisements because it can lead to adware or malware infection. So, beware of not to click on any links that this site produces. As shown in the image below, the page is prompting for the download and installation of a supposed useful program but if it was successfully loaded onto the computer, internet browser program as Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox may suffer from excessive display of advertisements.
Push notifications from Install.getlive.news appearing on task-bar or sidebar is similarly annoying as the overflowing display of ads. Even though this pop-up only exhibits on a small portion of internet browser screen, its constant demonstration of offers with links is somehow a disturbance to ones online surfing activity. In addition, clicking on these notifications may open up a browser and deliver a web page that intends to deploy adware, malware, and relevant questionable apps.
It is clear that seeing Getlive.news on the browser is a sign of imminent computer infection. Therefore, it is highly suggested to avoid this website by blocking the URL from browser settings. If in case Getlive.news appears on the browser during start-up, it is likely that malicious extension is already dominating the browser. The solution to this would be to scan the computer with legitimate and effective virus and malware removal tools are suggested on the removal section.
Procedures to Remove Getlive.news from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Getlive.news. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Getlive.news.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Getlive.news
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Getlive.news or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Getlive.news.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Getlive.news is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Getlive.news Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Getlive.news during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Getlive.news.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Getlive.news or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Getlive.news Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Getlive.news is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Getlive.news pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Getlive.news.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Getlive.news. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Getlive.news or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Getlive.news.