With the sneaky method of adware makers, their unwanted program called Get Easy Recipes can easily penetrate virtually all popular browser applications. It is for sure that Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge are all listed as the target. Hitting these internet software with a malicious applet or browser extension do not require too much effort from the attacker. Given that most web users are careless when downloading free apps, attackers are exploiting this opportunity to deploy the Get Easy Recipes adware.
It is true that adware makers are easily dominating internet programs these days. They can quickly distribute adware and let web users do a voluntary installation by tricking them with various benefits. Like for instance in the case of Get Easy Recipes, people were tricked that it helps them find cooking procedures in fast and very efficient way. Moreover, Get Easy Recipes claims that it improves online browsing experience of web users overall. In contrary, the presence of Get Easy Recipes reduces system performance due to various unnecessary processes running on the system. Its constant display of advertisements also makes online browsing too sluggish.
The installation of Get Easy Recipes adware aims on couple of things that favors the developers behind the suspicious browser extension. Its main objective is to exploit the infected browser program to display advertisements that in return will yield online profit for adware makers. Get Easy Recipes also need to takeover homepage, new tab, and search engine to assign Geteasyrecipes.org as the new default. This task allows the attacker to monitor on web user’s online search activities and extract various data from this event.
After learning that Get Easy Recipes is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that has no proven advantage after installation on the browser, users are left with no option but to remove it. For this reason, we made a simple guide on this page to help eliminate the threat easily. As suggested, scanning the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tool is the most uncomplicated way to deal with Get Easy Recipes adware.
Get Easy Recipes Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Get Easy Recipes.
Remove Get Easy Recipes Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Get Easy Recipes or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Get Easy Recipes Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Get Easy Recipes and remove it from the browser.
Remove Get Easy Recipes Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Get Easy Recipes from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Get Easy Recipes is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Get Easy Recipes or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Get Easy Recipes on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Get Easy Recipes.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Get Easy Recipes.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Get Easy Recipes.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Get Easy Recipes.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Get Easy Recipes and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Stage 4: Remove Geteasyrecipes.org Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Geteasyrecipes.org pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Geteasyrecipes.org from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Geteasyrecipes.org and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Get Easy Recipes
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Get Easy Recipes is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Get Easy Recipes
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Get Easy Recipes, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Get Easy Recipes and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Get Easy Recipes should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.