FunkyMediaTab is just a clone of too many TV Media Center adware, which was published by Imali Media. This program aims to add new tab on your browser which it claims to give you access to various TV web sites. This is enticing, however, it turns out that by using this app, user also gets tons of advertisements on their web browser program.
The forceful entry of FunkyMediaTab into the computer is the main reason why some people deemed it as virus. In theory, it is an adware made specifically to generate online profit thorough advertisements and online marketing scheme. FunkyMediaTab suits the classification of Adware or Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). Nevertheless, FunkyMediaTab is dangerous in its own means. It tracks your browsing activities and logs your search inquiry. This alone can compromise the security and privacy of user.
Common computer users who download and install freeware from questionable websites are the ones vulnerable to adware like FunkyMediaTab. They can never suspect that downloading such program will end up in the installation of adware. Freeware may not only bring FunkyMediaTab, it is also coupled with relevant adware like FunkyTVTab, FunTabSafe, or FunTVTab.
During the presence of this adware, homepage usually resolves to Search.funkymediatab.com. It is known as custom search engine that provides useless results. Too much pop-up with label Ads by FunkyMediaTab will also flood the browser and sometime redirects pages to various sites. This bothersome tactic of adware is the main reason why most users are determined to remove FunkyMediaTab. If you are one of them, please proceed to removal section of this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for funkymediatab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 07, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 07, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 07, 2016|
How to Remove FunkyMediaTab Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall FunkyMediaTab
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove FunkyMediaTab or Imali Media entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to FunkyMediaTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted FunkyMediaTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of FunkyMediaTab on the affected browser.