FunCyberTab or Fun Cyber Tab is an ad-supported program that allegedly provides security on your internet browser application. It works on new tab window of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Aside from providing unwanted new tab, FunCyberTab also dominates your default search engine and assigns an unknown one. Instead of your preferred search tool, browser will have Funcybertabsearch.com on start-up, and new tab window.
Most adware programs are hijacking browser settings that causes redirection to various unsolicited web sites. Later on, user’s PC may obtain virus or malware hosted on dubious sites because of the usual browser redirect issue. Thus, it is highly advice to immediately remove FunCyberTab adware, relevant extension, and other programs that are identified with it like TopMediaTab, MyTVTab, FunkyMediaTab, and so on.
Commonly, FunCyberTab is packed to a number of applications and shareware that are hosted on questionable web sites. Downloading these apps can be the root of potentially unwanted program infection. Even worthy program did not escape the deceitful scheme of malware authors. They are repacking useful programs with FunCyberTab so that this adware can spread quickly over the internet. To ensure that you are obtaining clean copy of software, download only from reputable or official web sites.
If FunCyberTab is present on your computer, we can assume that it is bothering your internet activities. Expect to see excessive display of advertisements or frequent browser redirects. To stop such vicious acts by FunCyberTab, you must scan the computer with effective anti-malware and anti-virus tools. Complete steps to get rid of FunCyberTab adware from Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers as presented below.
Online Security Scanner Report for funcybertab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||July 20, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||July 20, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||July 20, 2016|
How to Remove FunCyberTab Extension
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall FunCyberTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove FunCyberTab, Fun Cyber Tab, or Imali Media entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to FunCyberTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted FunCyberTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of FunCyberTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove FunCyberTab from Google Chrome
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with FunCyberTab. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Deleting FunCyberTab Extension
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete FunCyberTab by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Go to Settings window (chrome://settings). Under On Startup area, click Disable extension if FunCyberTab is present.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from FunCyberTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by FunCyberTab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.