Free Package Tracker Plus is marketed online as browser extension that is helpful in tracing packages or shipment right at the homepage and new tab window. It provides accessible input text field to enter tracking number and carrier to easily pin-down package location. The problem is, even web users that have no interest on tracing packages can have Free Package Tracker Plus on their browser. That is to say they do not intentionally install the software but it manages to get pass the authorization and dominate the browser settings. It assigns Freepackagetrackerplus.com as the default homepage and search provider against the will of computer user.
Free Package Tracker Plus was able to penetrate the computer using methods that most adware are exploiting – software bundles, aggressive advertisements, and misleading promotions. Though, the most operational is propagating Free Package Tracker Plus via freeware bundles. Unknown to majority of computer users, most of the free downloadable file from the internet are carrying additional applications. For example, downloading free games or media player will also install Free Package Tracker Plus because it is part of the software installer. The thing is, the additional program loads on the computer without notification when user runs the installer via default method. Because this is the usual way that adware was able to sneak in, computer security professionals are suggesting running the setup through Advanced or Custom method. This way, computer users will have a good view of all the surplus applications and opt-out with their installation.
The moment Free Package Tracker Plus became part of internet browser application, it starts to dominate the configuration and override settings on homepage, new tab, and search tool. Malicious script is also injected as browser helper object that can accomplish the following tasks:
Exhibit Advertisements – Part of the payload of Free Package Tracker Plus is to display advertisements and generate revenue for its creators. Pop-up ads, redirects, and push notification will start bombarding the browser screen right after the installation of this browser extension.
Track Browsing Data – Nearly all adware and potentially unwanted program (PUP) are proficient in tracking web user’s online actions. Free Package Tracker Plus can record basic and personal information like search terminologies, visited websites, IP address, username, and passwords.
Install Relevant Adware – In relation to its redirect instances, Free Package Tracker Plus may drive the browser pages to sites that can automate the download and installation of similar adware that is part of the same family and it can be Easy Classifieds, Watch TV Quick, or Email Login Checker.
Knowing how risky it is to have Free Package Tracker Plus on the internet browser program, we suggest removal of this adware as soon as possible. Procedures to get rid of the threat are provided on the next segment.
Free Package Tracker Plus Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Free Package Tracker Plus Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Free Package Tracker Plus.
Remove Free Package Tracker Plus Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Free Package Tracker Plus or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Free Package Tracker Plus Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Free Package Tracker Plus and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Free Package Tracker Plus is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Free Package Tracker Plus Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Free Package Tracker Plus from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete unwanted entry from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Free Package Tracker Plus is still present on the IE browser and there are still unwanted homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Free Package Tracker Plus or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Free Package Tracker Plus automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Free Package Tracker Plus that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Free Package Tracker Plus.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Free Package Tracker Plus and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Free Package Tracker Plus browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Free Package Tracker Plus on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Free Package Tracker Plus.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Free Package Tracker Plus. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Free Package Tracker Plus. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Free Package Tracker Plus. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Free Package Tracker Plus. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Free Package Tracker Plus.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Free Package Tracker Plus extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Free Package Tracker Plus. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Free Package Tracker Plus should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Free Package Tracker Plus and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Get rid of Freepackagetrackerplus.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Freepackagetrackerplus.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Freepackagetrackerplus.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Freepackagetrackerplus.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Freepackagetrackerplus.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Freepackagetrackerplus.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Freepackagetrackerplus.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Freepackagetrackerplus.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Freepackagetrackerplus.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Freepackagetrackerplus.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Freepackagetrackerplus.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Freepackagetrackerplus.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Freepackagetrackerplus.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.