Flixzrus is a doubtful video streaming website that claims to give you access to thousands of online movies after registration. The offer seems to be striking especially to those who are keen to online movies. However, it is noted that Flixzrus is a part of a large group of infamous video streaming web sites that involves in several fraudulent transactions.
It is cited that in order to draw subscriber’s constancy, Flixzrus allows them to use the website free. It is unknown to them that after the expiration of trial period, Flixzrus begins to debit corresponding amount to credit card on file. This is done on monthly basis. Most Flixzrus users protest on this kind of process since there was no signed subscription period to implement such billings.
To make things worse, toll free numbers or any contact details listed on Flixzrus are unreachable. Thus, there is no way for victims to rebut illegal credit card transactions. The only way for victims to stop the recurring fees is to request credit card issuer to block any billings from Flixzrus. Refund for paid subscriptions can be contest but reimbursement of you money is not certain.
Submitting your Credit Card Details to Flixzrus
Before submitting personal details and credit card information, web users must ensure that the website is reputable. In the case of Flixzrus, there is no feedback or rating that can verify its integrity. It is also evident that Flixzrus is very eager to take your payment information. Sign-up page states the following:
When selecting a paid membership, we need your billing information to validate your purchase and your credit card will only be charged the amount advertised. If you have selected a membership or trial, we request that you provide us with your credit card information to validate your address so that we are compliant with our U.S and Canadian license and distribution policies.
Flixzrus is an unknown web site without any reputation, thus, it is alarming to see that payment details are required upon sign-up. Keep in mind that any information you surrender to this kind of website may be use illegally.
Online Security Scanner Report for Flixzrus.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 08, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: July 08, 2016|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: July 08, 2016|
Cancelling and Refund Payment from Flixzrus
To cancel and refund credit card payment charged by Flixzrus, please contact the following:
U.S.A and Canada: 1-866-611-2294
International: +00 1-925-331-6999
Contacting your bank or credit card company to dispute fraudulent charges may also help you get your money back. Banks normally favored victims that were billed by Flixzrus without personal knowledge and authorization.
How to Remove Flixzrus
Browser redirects and hijacking issues takes place if browser settings may have been altered by malware.
To get rid of this threat, a number of scanner and tools are suggested. Please run all these tools to ensure that no more malicious files will be left on the computer.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Flixzrus
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Flixzrus entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Flixzrus. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Flixzrus Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Flixzrus from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Flixzrus on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Flixzrus
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Flixzrus. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Flixzrus. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Flixzrus extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Flixzrus.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Flixzrus should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Flixzrus and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.