EcoSearch is an undesirable browser extension made to work alongside popular browser applications like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. At first glimpse, user may assess the program as valid add-on. However, it will soon start to show its true intention of exploiting internet browser program to generate online revenue. During the time that web users is surfing the internet, they are going to encounter ads produced by EcoSearch. For this unusual ad scheme that it applies on infected browser program, computer security experts categorized EcoSearch as an Adware.
The threat is also part of a potentially unwanted program (PUP) family. Makers of EcoSearch are employing different deceitful online tactics to install the browser extension without the concern of web users. They are using software bundling techniques to dispose the installation of EcoSearch onto targeted internet software. In most installation sequence, EcoSearch runs a discrete installation while user is setting up the main software or host file. Because computer users are totally unaware of the ongoing process, they cannot react to the unsolicited installation of EcoSearch.
After complete installation of EcoSearch and once it is active on internet browser program, first sign of its existence is the appearance of Ecosearch.club URL on the homepage. Ecosearch.club is also set as the new default search engine that is responsible for generating the search result. Due to untested performance of Ecosearch.club, web user should not expect a valuable outcome when searching the internet. In fact, EcoSearch adware designed the whole process so that the search result could contain paid links, banners, and other unusual ads.
After learning that EcoSearch is an unhealthy type of browser extension, computer user should deal with it as soon as possible. Removal of this suspicious application must be carried out at once to avoid any further harm. On the guide below is our very own efficient guide along with free virus and malware removal tool.
EcoSearch Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Ecosearch.club hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete EcoSearch Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to EcoSearch.
Remove EcoSearch Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find EcoSearch or relevant entry like Ecosearch.club and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall EcoSearch Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to EcoSearch and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Ecosearch.club is also gone from the homepage.
Remove EcoSearch Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of EcoSearch from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Ecosearch.club from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If EcoSearch is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Ecosearch.club, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select EcoSearch or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove EcoSearch automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like EcoSearch that assigns Ecosearch.club as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to EcoSearch.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including EcoSearch and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The chances of stopping Ecosearch.club pop-ups or redirects is also possible after the threat removal. If it still remains, please follow the Ecosearch.club pop-up removal guide.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the EcoSearch browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Ecosearch.club still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of EcoSearch on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Ecosearch.club pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by EcoSearch.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to EcoSearch. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Ecosearch.club.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Ecosearch.club. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with EcoSearch. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from EcoSearch. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of EcoSearch.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed EcoSearch extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to EcoSearch. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. EcoSearch should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by EcoSearch and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Clear the Safari Internet Browser (Mac)
1. Open your Safari browser application.
2. In the Safari menu, click on Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Preferences window, please select the Privacy tab.
4. Click on Manage Website Data button.
5. Select unwanted entry like EcoSearch and click the Remove button. If you choose to Remove All, you may be logout from most visited websites and online services. Therefore, we advise to remove suspicious item one at a time to prevent changing behavior towards your favorite websites.
6. If it prompts, please confirm your actions.
7. Next, we will need to clear the Cache. Back at the Safari Preferences window, choose Advanced tab.
8. Navigate to the bottom and activate Show Develop menu in menu bar.
9. Go to Safari menu, choose on Develop from the drop down list and click on on Empty Caches.
10. Next thing to do is to restore the Homepage to your preference and remove the one from EcoSearch.
11. Back at the Safari Preferences window, click on General tab.
12. Under Homepage section, type your desired URL to be the default start-up page.
13. Lastly, make sure to have the right Search Engine.
14. Go back to Safari Preferences window and click on Search tab.
15. Select your desired Search tool under the Search engine section.
16. You may not restart Safari browser.
How to remove Ecosearch.club Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Ecosearch.club. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Ecosearch.club are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Ecosearch.club pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Ecosearch.club from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Ecosearch.club.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Ecosearch.club list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Ecosearch.club from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Ecosearch.club entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Ecosearch.club pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Ecosearch.club.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Ecosearch.club pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Ecosearch.club from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.