If constant redirection to Easyradioplayertab.com occurs while browsing the internet, it signifies that adware is present on the computer. On this particular instance, potentially unwanted program (PUP) called Easy Radio Player is implicating the browser.
A browser hijacker is a type of (PUP) that sneaks onto computers and infects web browser programs like Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. An example of such browser hijacker is called Easy Radio Player. The operation of Easy Radio Player is truly questionable. It amends the default setting of web browser’s search engine, home page, and new tab page. From user’s preferred setup, the adware will assign an unusual URL Easyradioplayertab.com as the new default. For example, when entering searches online, the browser redirects to the new web address to provide the search results. The undesirable part there is, an infected browser cannot be able to generate accurate results. Instead, it presents web users to suspicious web pages containing irrelevant content.
Like Online Templates and Download Party, Easy Radio Player can also inject intrusive advertisements on the browser, diminishing the online experience of internet users. Ads and pop-ups will come out gradually, disturbing the attention of web users. Aside from the adverts, Easy Radio Player could promote links aiming to redirect the browser into dubious websites. Easy Radio Player can also threaten the safety of the computer along with the privacy of web users. Naturally, unwanted programs like Easy Radio Player can trace the browsing patterns and even the personal information of computer users.
Browser hijackers invading computers can be somehow mysterious. However, based on thorough research by computer security experts, such malicious software was installed through software packages from untrustworthy download sites. There are instances that a particular freeware offers optional installs or extra features. It might include an unwanted application during the installation process. Without computer users’ notice, the installer will unload the unwanted app by not stating proper descriptions. Probably, Easy Radio Player developers use this method to implant their malicious programs by force. As prevention, better check comprehensively the program and opt for “Custom” or “Manual” installation to exclude unnecessary software add-ons.
Easy Radio Player Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Easy Radio Player.
Remove Easy Radio Player Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Easy Radio Player or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Easy Radio Player Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Easy Radio Player and remove it from the browser.
Remove Easy Radio Player Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Easy Radio Player from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Easy Radio Player is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Easy Radio Player or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Easy Radio Player on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Easy Radio Player.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Easy Radio Player.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Easy Radio Player.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Easy Radio Player.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Easy Radio Player and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Stage 4: Remove Easyradioplayertab.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Easyradioplayertab.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Easyradioplayertab.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Easyradioplayertab.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Easy Radio Player
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Easy Radio Player is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Easy Radio Player
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Easy Radio Player, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Easy Radio Player and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Easy Radio Player should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Easy Radio Player from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.