If Easy Mac Care shows up unexpectedly on computer boot-up even without user’s intervention, this only means that it has penetrated the system in a very discrete way. Most of the time, rogue Mac optimization and security tool like this gains access through software bundling. Authors Easy Mac Care uses various installer packages and spread them on number of file-download servers so that Mac users who are keen on obtaining freeware may be infected.
In order to speed up the deployment process, rogue creators are also investing on misleading advertisement campaign by tapping the services of underground ad network that is capable of exhibiting fake online scanners. With this bogus online diagnostic page, cyber crooks may easily deceive Mac users via false scan results stating that several issues were identified on the system. As expected, the recommendation is to download and buy the paid version of Easy Mac Care.
The entry of Easy Mac Care on the computer will not only cause annoying pop-up alerts and messages. It will also display persistent warnings to justify that paying for the full version is necessary in order to unlock all of its Pro features, which includes the following:
- Secure Mac users online privacy by deleting all browser caches.
- Free-up hard drive spaces by removing unnecessary files.
- Remove useless app logs and unwanted language files.
Whether trial or Pro version of Easy Mac Care is running on the computer, the outcome of having this rogue tool is still not beneficial to end-user. Useless and pretentious system optimizer like this may only cause issues because of its heavy consumption of system resources. In addition, paying for the registered version of Easy Mac Care is a regrettable decision for Mac user because the tool is just another insignificant type of application that falls under the classification of rogue software.
Procedures to Remove Easy Mac Care
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac computer.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Easy Mac Care. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Easy Mac Care.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Easy Mac Care rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Easy Mac Care Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Easy Mac Care window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Easy Mac Care. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Easy Mac Care. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Easy Mac Care Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Easy Mac Care during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Easy Mac Care.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Easy Mac Care from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Easy Mac Care Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Easy Mac Care Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Easy Mac Care or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Easy Mac Care to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Easy Mac Care
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Easy Mac Care to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- Easy Mac Care
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Easy Mac Care.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Easy Mac Care is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.