Earth & Street Maps is a suspicious module for internet browser application. It is often installed as Extension and once it is present on internet software, it can command it to do several unnecessary acts that disturbs online browsing experience of web users. Like for example, Earth & Street Maps can assign Hearthandsatellitemaps.com as default homepage and search tool. In addition, it can control the internet application to redirect to sponsored contents of certain websites where in owners of Earth & Street Maps are paid for every internet traffic referral.
Installation of Earth & Street Maps
Computer security analyst categorized Earth & Street Maps as potentially unwanted program (PUP). The basis for this classification is its trait of invading the computer via deceptive techniques. Most of the time, the accidental installation of Earth & Street Maps initializes during the setup process of dubious freeware or shareware. Computer users are unaware that the freeware they acquired is an installer package where in there are couple of other applications that gets onboard during the setup course.
Another means to misguide web users into the unsolicited installation of Earth & Street Maps is through dishonest ad campaign. On this scheme, the pop-up ad poses as system warning that claims to detect obsolete application. It abruptly recommends the downloading of software update claiming that this is the only solution to prevent any online browsing issues. The installation of the fake update actually gives way for Earth & Street Maps to infiltrate the computer and aggressively attacks internet browser application.
Aside from being in the category of PUP, Earth & Street Maps is also listed under the family of Adware. This means that it was designed to exhibit various types of advertisements and monetized its presence on the infected browser program. Pop-ups, redirects, and push notifications are just some of the issues that web user may encounter while Earth & Street Maps is an active browser extension.
Modules of this adware that meant to collect sensitive browsing details from internet software was predicted as an imminent cause of privacy theft. It can log data like search keywords, favorite websites, visited online pages, username, password, and IP address.
Knowing that installation of Earth & Street Maps can be that risky, removal of this threat should be the main concern for computer users. Comprehensive guide in getting rid of this adware is outlined below together with virus and malware scanners that can be utilized to detect hidden malicious objects associated to Earth & Street Maps.
Earth & Street Maps Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of browser hijacker like Earth & Street Maps through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Earth & Street Maps, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Earth & Street Maps hijacker including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows includes Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Delete Earth & Street Maps Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to Earth & Street Maps. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the Earth & Street Maps Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find Earth & Street Maps or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the Earth & Street Maps Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to Earth & Street Maps and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove Earth & Street Maps from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select Earth & Street Maps or a recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If Earth & Street Maps is still present on the browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the browser hijacker from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries for Earth & Street Maps from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Earth & Street Maps automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Earth & Street Maps that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Earth & Street Maps.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Earth & Street Maps and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Earth & Street Maps browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Earth & Street Maps on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Earth & Street Maps.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Earth & Street Maps. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Earth & Street Maps. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Earth & Street Maps. The procedure below discusses on resetting various browsers to their default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to its default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extensions, such as Earth & Street Maps. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty removing unwanted extensions.
1. Open the Google Chrome internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press the Enter key.
3. Click on Reset Settings on the sidebar and choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. On the confirmation window, click the Reset settings button to clear all entries for Earth & Street Maps.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed the Earth & Street Maps extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox that may be related to Earth & Street Maps. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only a specific extension, please see the manual removal of add-ons from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on the Firefox web address and press Enter on the keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section in the upper-right corner of the screen stating, Give Firefox a tune-up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If a confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Earth & Street Maps should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. On the address bar, please input edge://settings/reset and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Once you are on the Reset Settings page, click on Restore settings to their default values.
4. A confirmation window will appear; click on the Reset button to continue.
Your data, like favorites, bookmarks, and history, will remain in the browser. However, this process will delete add-ons by Earth & Street Maps and other unknown objects.
Get rid of Hearthandsatellitemaps.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Hearthandsatellitemaps.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hearthandsatellitemaps.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hearthandsatellitemaps.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Hearthandsatellitemaps.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Hearthandsatellitemaps.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Hearthandsatellitemaps.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Hearthandsatellitemaps.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hearthandsatellitemaps.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Hearthandsatellitemaps.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Hearthandsatellitemaps.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Hearthandsatellitemaps.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Hearthandsatellitemaps.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.