Earth & Street Maps is a suspicious module for internet browser application. It is often installed as Extension and once it is present on internet software, it can command it to do several unnecessary acts that disturbs online browsing experience of web users. Like for example, Earth & Street Maps can assign Hearthandsatellitemaps.com as default homepage and search tool. In addition, it can control the internet application to redirect to sponsored contents of certain websites where in owners of Earth & Street Maps are paid for every internet traffic referral.
Installation of Earth & Street Maps
Computer security analyst categorized Earth & Street Maps as potentially unwanted program (PUP). The basis for this classification is its trait of invading the computer via deceptive techniques. Most of the time, the accidental installation of Earth & Street Maps initializes during the setup process of dubious freeware or shareware. Computer users are unaware that the freeware they acquired is an installer package where in there are couple of other applications that gets onboard during the setup course.
Another means to misguide web users into the unsolicited installation of Earth & Street Maps is through dishonest ad campaign. On this scheme, the pop-up ad poses as system warning that claims to detect obsolete application. It abruptly recommends the downloading of software update claiming that this is the only solution to prevent any online browsing issues. The installation of the fake update actually gives way for Earth & Street Maps to infiltrate the computer and aggressively attacks internet browser application.
Aside from being in the category of PUP, Earth & Street Maps is also listed under the family of Adware. This means that it was designed to exhibit various types of advertisements and monetized its presence on the infected browser program. Pop-ups, redirects, and push notifications are just some of the issues that web user may encounter while Earth & Street Maps is an active browser extension.
Modules of this adware that meant to collect sensitive browsing details from internet software was predicted as an imminent cause of privacy theft. It can log data like search keywords, favorite websites, visited online pages, username, password, and IP address.
Knowing that installation of Earth & Street Maps can be that risky, removal of this threat should be the main concern for computer users. Comprehensive guide in getting rid of this adware is outlined below together with virus and malware scanners that can be utilized to detect hidden malicious objects associated to Earth & Street Maps.
Earth & Street Maps Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Instant Removal : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Earth & Street Maps.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats because one of those might be the responsible for showing of Earth & Street Maps. Please restart the computer when necassary.
The computer should now be free from Earth & Street Maps. If you feel that the above solution is not sufficient in getting rid of the browser hijacker, please proceed with the succeeding steps.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Earth & Street Maps.
Remove Earth & Street Maps Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Earth & Street Maps or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Earth & Street Maps Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Earth & Street Maps and remove it from the browser.
Remove Earth & Street Maps Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Earth & Street Maps from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Earth & Street Maps is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Earth & Street Maps or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Earth & Street Maps on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Earth & Street Maps.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Earth & Street Maps.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Earth & Street Maps.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Earth & Street Maps.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Earth & Street Maps and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Stage 4: Remove Incognitonow.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Incognitonow.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Incognitonow.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Incognitonow.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Earth & Street Maps
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Earth & Street Maps is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Earth & Street Maps
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Earth & Street Maps, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Earth & Street Maps and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Earth & Street Maps should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Get rid of Hearthandsatellitemaps.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Hearthandsatellitemaps.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hearthandsatellitemaps.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hearthandsatellitemaps.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Hearthandsatellitemaps.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be sucessful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Hearthandsatellitemaps.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Hearthandsatellitemaps.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Hearthandsatellitemaps.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hearthandsatellitemaps.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Hearthandsatellitemaps.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Hearthandsatellitemaps.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Hearthandsatellitemaps.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Hearthandsatellitemaps.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.