Clickrise or Click Rise is an ad-supported desktop widget that allegedly enhances user’s web browsing experience. However, during thorough testing, we have noticed its similarity to most adware. Development of this tool is more beneficial to publisher due to its advertising scheme. End-user may gain too little for using this application, but their browser may get overrun with too much ads by Clickrise.
Clickrise is just an imitation of other variants including Cakepake and Seasalts. All these programs are marketed as useful desktop widget that allows users to easily access Search, Social Networks, Convert, Translate, and other features. Furthermore, Clickrise adds own search tool on Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browser.
Not all computer users deliberately install or use Clickrise. In fact, many of them are amazed how the program gets inside the computer without their intervention. Same with most potentially unwanted program, Clickrise arrives on the computer as part of bundles. These free programs and adware are merged into one installer file. It normally endorses as media player, utilities, free games, download manager, and other deceiving apps.
Installing the free program or carrier likewise loads all the software in that package even without proper authority from computer user. The adware part of this package, particularly Clickrise, will integrate an extension to target browser program in the sole purpose of activating a virtual layer code that is essential in exhibiting advertisements that rest within page content. It can also pop-up endorsements with labels Ads by Clickrise or Brought by Clickrise.
It is obvious that Clickrise was made free to the public so that it gains many users. As such, online advertising scheme can be profitable either by selling products or delivering internet traffic to partners web site.
Online Security Scanner Report for clickrise.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 27, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 27, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: July 27, 2016|
How to Remove Clickrise
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Clickrise
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Clickrise, Click Rise, or Linkury entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Clickrise. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Clickrise Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Clickrise from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Clickrise on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Clickrise
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Clickrise. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Google Chrome to Remove Clickrise
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Clickrise. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Clickrise. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Software Removal Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Clickrise.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Clickrise should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Clickrise and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.