Cakepake is an ad-supported program promoted to enhance one’s web surfing experience. This only implies that it was made solely to generate online revenue. Commonly, ads by Cakepake are usually targeted based on gathered data from user’s browser. Cakepake is able to monitor your online activities such as web site you visits, search queries, and anything that is relevant to your online interests.
Identical to Seasalts and Safegrounds, Cakepake can deliver ads in various formats. Banners, pop-up ads, contextual, redirects, or full-page materials are just some of its properties that can distract your online browsing. Be cautious on these Cakepake ads, some of it may be from cyber criminals that are meant to distribute malicious software through paid links and promotional materials.
Potentially unwanted program (PUP) can be complicated to remove due to certain codes that it inflicts on the computer. Typical virus scan can remove Cakepake temporarily, but it may resurface after a reboot. Thorough security scan to get rid of all malicious objects is the only solution to stop Cakepake from coming back.
Initially, Cakepake may look like a worthy tool. It is marketed as desktop widget that gives user quick access to Search, Social Networks, Translation, and so on. However, since it is a free tool, expect that it is packed with several potentially unwanted programs. Thus, when you install Cakepake, other adware also gets loaded in the background discretely
Always mind your safety when browsing the Internet to prevent adware like Cakepake from getting inside your PC. Download programs only from valid sources and official web sites. It is also important to have security software that is capable of blocking malicious file download and suspicious internet traffic.
To totally get rid of Cakepake along with other adware, we have provided a simple guide on this page. Using various malware scanners is suggested to delete all hidden adware files that were dropped on various location of your computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for cakepake.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 27, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 27, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: July 27, 2016|
How to Remove Cakepake
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Cakepake
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Cakepake or Linkury entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Cakepake. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Cakepake from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Cakepake on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Cakepake
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Cakepake. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Cakepake. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Cakepake. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Cakepake.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Cakepake should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Cakepake and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.