Breaking News Plus is a browser hijacker made for the main purpose of forcefully modifying internet browser settings to favor its illicit activities. Technically, this potentially unwanted program (PUP) changes the homepage and search address to Hp.hbreakingnewsplus.com. If user happens to perform an online search on the infected browser application, it also resolves to unwanted web URL at Hp.hbreakingnewsplus.com. During the presence of Breaking News Plus, web users will continue to experience browser redirects and pop-ups that exhibit unusual promotional contents and drive the browser to irrelevant web pages such as online gambling, adult oriented sites, phishing, and fraudulent websites.
Majority of browser hijackers including Breaking News Plus are frequently installed on the computer together with the freeware that was obtained from distrustful websites and online servers. For some cases of Breaking News Plus adware infection, users may have acquired it via codes that are embedded to visited websites, pop-up advertisements, and official website that cleverly persuades visitors into downloading the app claiming that it enhances online browsing experience. Aside from providing links to online news portal, it also promises to improve online searching by giving fast and accurate search results.
Sometimes, the payload of Breaking News Plus is not limited to targeting internet browser application only. The browser redirects it fulfills meant to drive the browser pages to sites that host malware and one wrong move by web user can lead to contamination of the entire operating system. Therefore, it is not right to tolerate the existence of Breaking News Plus on the browser just because web users do not see drastic effects or virus-like activities. Most of the time, Breaking News Plus aims on accomplishing illicit actions that are beyond computer user’s sight. For one thing, it is able to collect sensitive information from the infected internet software while web user is surfing the web. It can record data including search keywords, visited websites, username, password, and IP address.
Clearly, Breaking News Plus is a threat not only to the computer but user’s online privacy is also in danger from this unwanted browser extension. Therefore, immediate removal is suggested to prevent any further damage and risks.
Breaking News Plus Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer. The guide includes procedures to remove the unwanted URL Hbreakingnewsplus.com that may have taken over the homepage.
In order to totally eliminate the adware Breaking News Plus and its relevant malicious domain Hbreakingnewsplus.com, it is vital to follow the remove process in exact manner.
Instant Removal : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Breaking News Plus automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Breaking News Plus that slows down online browsing activities. Right after the threat removal, the unwanted web address Hbreakingnewsplus.com from homepage is expected to be eliminated too.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Breaking News Plus as well as Hbreakingnewsplus.com pop-ups and hijacker.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats because one of those might be the responsible for showing of Breaking News Plus. Please restart the computer when necessary.
The chances of stopping Hbreakingnewsplus.com pop-ups or redirects is also possible after the threat removal. If it still remains, please follow the Hbreakingnewsplus.com pop-up removal guide.
The computer should now be free from Breaking News Plus. If you feel that the above solution is not sufficient in getting rid of the browser hijacker, please proceed with the succeeding steps.
Step 1 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using an add-on called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. This is the reason why Hbreakingnewsplus.com is set on homepage and search tool. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Breaking News Plus.
Remove Breaking News Plus Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Breaking News Plus or relevant entry like Hbreakingnewsplus.com and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Breaking News Plus Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Breaking News Plus or Hbreakingnewsplus.com and remove it from the browser.
Remove Breaking News Plus Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Breaking News Plus from Toolbars and Extension and remove Hbreakingnewsplus.com Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Breaking News Plus is still present on the IE browser and homepage is still under the control of Hbreakingnewsplus.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Breaking News Plus or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Breaking News Plus on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications that also causes Hbreakingnewsplus.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Breaking News Plus and Hbreakingnewsplus.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions (Breaking News Plus), plug-ins, adware, and pop-up makers like Hbreakingnewsplus.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for Breaking News Plus and any possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, as well as unwanted homepage like Hbreakingnewsplus.com.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Breaking News Plus. The tool is also helpful in eliminating the source of Hbreakingnewsplus.com pop-ups and redirects.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Breaking News Plus and other suspicious entities that redirects the homepage to Hbreakingnewsplus.com. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option : Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Breaking News Plus
Not all adware and PUP's are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instance, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Breaking News Plus is still bothering you after completing all the steps above and Hbreakingnewsplus.com pop-ups and homepage remains, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Breaking News Plus
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Breaking News Plus, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Breaking News Plus adware and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating "Give Firefox a Tune Up". Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Breaking News Plus should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox. Homepage should now reveal the legitimate URL and not Hbreakingnewsplus.com.
How to remove Hbreakingnewsplus.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Hbreakingnewsplus.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hbreakingnewsplus.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hbreakingnewsplus.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Hbreakingnewsplus.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Hbreakingnewsplus.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Hbreakingnewsplus.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Hbreakingnewsplus.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hbreakingnewsplus.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Hbreakingnewsplus.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Hbreakingnewsplus.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
Post Last Modified On August 28, 2020