The official website of Boost My PC Pro states that their system optimizer tool can boost computer’s performance making it operates like new again. The site claims that this product contains enhancement features including malware detection, start-up repair, registry cleaner, and so on. Technically, Boost My PC Pro offers identical functions as One Click Booster and Auto PC Speedup. Though, there is no surprise to this, as all of these programs were created by PCVARK family of rogue tools.
Boost My PC Pro may arrive on the computer in a manner that shocks computer users because they are not consulted on the installation while this optimizer loads alongside freeware or shareware apps. Malware authors preference to utilize software bundling has been fruitful in recent years because it somehow bestow the same administrative privilege to install additional apps aside from the host program. Unfortunately, users do not get to view all included programs unless they run the installation procedures in ‘Custom’ mode. Since most people are running the process in ‘Express’ setup, they ended up having Boost My PC Pro because it is part of the bundle.
Following the successful installation of the rogue tool is artificial scanning of the system and Boost My PC Pro makes sure that the results are convincing enough to urge users in immediate fixing of identified troubles. To further entice victims, this malware also produces excessive pop-up alerts and alarming messages that all leads to promotion of full working version of Boost My PC Pro. Clicking on ‘Start Repair’ or ‘Fix’ button on user interface and pop-up warnings kicks-off a browser window that prompts for user’s banking details. Obviously, there is no other way to patch up all troubles unless user exerts an amount of money for Boost My PC Pro registration code.
Overall, it is clear that this malware is another fraudulent system security and optimization tool, which applies scare tactics to deceive victims. There is no other alternative to deal with this other than removing the culprit software. To get rid of Boost My PC Pro, please follow the steps as suggested below.
Boost My PC Pro Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Boost My PC Pro from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Boost My PC Pro from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Boost My PC Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Boost My PC Pro using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Boost My PC Pro . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Boost My PC Pro entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Boost My PC Pro have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Boost My PC Pro.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.