Boogaclicks is a potentially unwanted program responsible for exhibiting too much advertisement on browser. When you surf the web and notice that several ads by Boogaclicks, it implies that the adware is installed on the computer. These pop-up ads begin to interfere with your internet surfing if dubious extension is running on the browser.
In order to deceive computer users, Boogaclicks is promoted as desktop widget that simplifies the way you use the web. To be more credible, it will add various tools on desktop to easily access Search, Social Networking Sites, Translation, Conversion, and other features. Just like other variants as Smilewide, Wonderhouse, and Suitup, it changes the default search tool to a custom Boogaclicks search engine.
Boogaclicks infiltrate the computer by packing its code to freeware, shareware, or third-party programs. If you regularly avail free programs, make sure that you do not allow any concealed installation to occur. Infection of Boogaclicks can be prevented by running a ‘Custom’ setup instead of ‘Recommended’. This way, you can opt-out for installation of undesirable programs.
Unfortunately, user fails to see the danger ahead. They did not recognize that running default installation procedure is similar to granting permission to load any adware that are bundled to free software. This is exactly how Boogaclicks adware comes into the system.
It is also mandatory to scan the downloaded file with security application before starting the setup process. This is your first defense against adware particularly if it was obtained from questionable websites. As much as possible, download preferred software only from its official site.
It is obvious that there is little to no benefit for having Boogaclicks. So, we advise that you remove this threat from the computer using the systematic guide below. Without Boogaclicks, it is much safer to surf the web.
Online Security Scanner Report for boogaclicks.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 10, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 10, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: July 10, 2016|
How to Remove Boogaclicks
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Boogaclicks
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Boogaclicks or Linkury entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Boogaclicks. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Boogaclicks from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Boogaclicks on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Boogaclicks
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Boogaclicks. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Boogaclicks. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Show advanced settings…‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset browser settings button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Boogaclicks extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Boogaclicks.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Boogaclicks should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Boogaclicks and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.