Official web page of Auto System Speedup asserts that this security and optimization tool is the only program you need to recondition PC computers and make it run like new again. Some of offered features are system performance booster, software checkup, start-up items diagnostics, and malware/PUP protection. Though it may appear legit at first glance, computer security professionals warned that Auto System Speedup is a rogue program that was made by the same group who invented similar fake tool like Qbit Speedup Pro, System Clean Pro, Qbit System Care, and many more.
Auto System Speedup enters the computer in discrete manner while installing associated freeware that users may have obtained from questionable website. This bundling technique is often utilized by malware makers to spread their program and install it on target PC even without consent from user. The first time that users will learn about its existence is when Auto System Speedup initiates a thorough scan. Subsequently, it will display loads of detected potentially unwanted items and prompts user to proceed with the repair. Continuous pop-ups alerts and warnings will be supplementing the alarming diagnostic to persuade users into purchasing the registered version of Auto System Speedup.
Having this bogus application does not only set off annoyances due to excessive pop-ups and alerts, it can also lead to system instability due to unnecessary use of system resources. Therefore, we highly suggest immediate removal of Auto System Speedup if in case it was spotted on the computer. Complete guide to get rid of this threat is topic on next section.
Auto System Speedup Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Auto System Speedup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Auto System Speedup from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Auto System Speedup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Auto System Speedup using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Auto System Speedup . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Auto System Speedup entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Auto System Speedup have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Auto System Speedup.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.