Auto PC Care is a counterfeit Windows system optimizer that produces loads of artificial scan results as tactic in influencing users to pay for its registered version. There will be irritating pop-up warnings and alert messages stating severe issues like malware presence and system errors. Users will continue receiving these notifications along with frequent simulated system scans while Auto PC Care is inside Windows system.
The very usual method for Auto PC Care to infiltrate a computer is through software bundle hoaxes. Because majority of users are still unfamiliar that malware easily enters the system when it is part of software packages, cyber criminals are exploiting this method to deploy Auto PC Care. Due to user’s fondness on freeware and do not care if origin is trusted, number of rogue software victims continue to escalate.
Just by looking at the interface of Auto PC Care, average computer users will never distinguish about its fraudulent intent. But those who already came across with similar threat from the same PCVARK group can easily apprehend that this pesky security and optimization tool reveals visible prototype of previously released malware like System Clean Pro, Advanced Clean Pro, and many more rogue program of the same kind. Each carries a different brand but there is no noticeable change on graphical user interface. Auto PC Care also adopts how preceding models analyzes the system and it is obvious that the later employs the same misleading tactics of providing false scan results.
Infected computer persists on receiving alarming messages consisting of non-existent threats and hollow system errors to propel users for urgency in fixing the issues by activating the paid version of Auto PC Care. Instead of adhering to this suggestion, it is highly recommended to remove the culprit itself. Next section discusses the effective way to delete Auto PC Care from the computer.
Auto PC Care Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Auto PC Care from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Auto PC Care from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Auto PC Care and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Auto PC Care using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Auto PC Care . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Auto PC Care entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Auto PC Care have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Auto PC Care.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.