Auto Mac Speedup is a rogue system optimizer made specifically for Mac OS. It secretly installs on computer through variation of misleading schemes. Hence, majority of unwanted installation of Auto Mac Speedup takes place during the acquisition and installation of dubious software bundles. Malicious advertising campaign that utilizes intrusive browser pop-ups and redirects is another module that spreads bulk of Auto Mac Speedup forceful installation.
Once fully installed on the computer, this rogue security and enhancement application will conduct a thorough scan on the system. But unlike legitimate software, Auto Mac Speedup quickly identifies thousands of threats, system errors, and other issues in a matter of seconds. This speedy discovery of system troubles is far from reality and only proves that the system scan is purely simulation.
Another evidence to confirm that Auto Mac Speedup is counterfeit is the scan outcome it provided on clean and newly formatted system. Unfortunately, the result shows almost the same amount of issues on spotless Mac system. Even without conducting tests about its legitimacy, it is obvious from the graphical user interface (GUI) alone that is bears the same pattern as Mac Security Plus, Smart Mac Cleaner, and many more rogue application from this range of malware.
Keep in mind that Auto Mac Speedup is a bogus product that was made to swindle money from victims as it prompts to purchase the full copy of the program from time to time. Buying this tool do not help in system optimization because it is a hollow program that contains nothing but code to emulate system scans. Therefore, it is highly advice to immediately remove Auto Mac Speedup from the computer before it can add more harm.
Procedures to Remove Auto Mac Speedup
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Auto Mac Speedup. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Auto Mac Speedup.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit Auto Mac Speedup Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Auto Mac Speedup window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Auto Mac Speedup. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Auto Mac Speedup. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Auto Mac Speedup Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Auto Mac Speedup during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Auto Mac Speedup.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Auto Mac Speedup from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Auto Mac Speedup
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Auto Mac Speedup to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Auto Mac Speedup.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Auto Mac Speedup is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.