Auto Mac Booster is a rogue tool that spreads over the web through the effective utilization of freeware installer and software bundling hoax. This means that any Mac users who are fond of downloading free apps from questionable source are likely to get infected with Auto Mac Booster. Though, legitimate websites may innocently spread this rogue tool because they are unaware that it is included in software bundle that they host. In these cases, the malicious program is immediately taken down after receiving verified reports from users.
As soon as the dubious software package is executed on Mac system, all inclusion also loads even without authority from computer user. Unfortunately, there is no disclosure of contents on this kind of installation. Therefore, Auto Mac Booster and a bunch of surplus application permanently reside on the system after executing malicious bundles without properly scrutinizing the full contents. Sometimes, this intrusive setup process can be averted if user opts to install the program via ‘Advanced’ or ‘Custom’ mode. This is the only option to see the list of apps and exclude unnecessary ones from installing.
Once Auto Mac Booster is active on the computer, it runs a thorough scan and abruptly recognize huge amount of system troubles and malware presence. To normal computer user, these diagnostic is worrisome due to extensive issues. But users who knows well how security scanners work can easily identify that Auto Mac Booster scans are plain emulation and results it provided are falsified information. It is not viable for any scanners to detect thousands of issues in a matter of seconds as what we can observe from Auto Mac Booster. Therefore, it is highly suggested to ignore this bogus optimizer tool and focus on the proper way to get rid of it. Complete guide to remove Auto Mac Booster is outlined below including effective anti-virus and anti-malware tool to help find and remove objects associated with this malware.
Online Security Scanner Report for automacbooster.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: March 22, 2019|
|Unverified||Feedback: No Data||Updated: March 22, 2019|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: March 22, 2019|
Procedures to Remove Auto Mac Booster
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Auto Mac Booster. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Auto Mac Booster.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit Auto Mac Booster Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Auto Mac Booster window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Auto Mac Booster. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Auto Mac Booster. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Auto Mac Booster Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Auto Mac Booster during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Auto Mac Booster.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Auto Mac Booster from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Auto Mac Booster
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Auto Mac Booster to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- Auto Mac Booster
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Auto Mac Booster.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Auto Mac Booster is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.