If browser program is displaying unusual behavior like persistent redirects or pop-ups, it could be that adware is dominating its operation. Normally, adware invades the internet software by installing themselves as browser extension. This malicious add-on was designed to execute many illicit things on Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox including the tampering of default homepage and search tool, as well as displaying of pop-ups as mentioned earlier. In addition, nearly all adware is an epitome of potentially unwanted application (PUA). One exact model of an adware is called AnalyzerSource.
More about AnalyzerSource
This browser extension is endorsed as browser enhancement for Mac. It claims to improve online browsing experience for user just like normal add-on. However, AnalyzerSource struggled to live up to them, earning more bad comments that good. As a matter of fact, AnalyzerSource is listed under the category of PUA because of its invasive techniques and penetrates the computer without due authorization from Mac user.
Once AnalyzerSource is operational as browser extension, it inflicts unsolicited changes but Mac user gets annoyed much on how it disregards their browsing preferences. AnalyzerSource app may alter various settings like homepage, new tab pages, and search tool. Furthermore, there will be too much intrusive ads showing up on the internet program, which totally distracts web user’s browsing session. This just shows that AnalyzerSource prioritize more its online revenue through ads and enhancing Mac user’s online browsing experience is not much of a concern. Due to this, AnalyzerSource app is dubbed as an Adware too.
Risks to Online Privacy
Apart from causing disturbances on internet browser application, AnalyzerSource injects code on the target browser that allows it to track on web user’s online activities. It logs data like search keywords, visited pages, and favorite websites. On top of that, logging of user’s crucial information including username, passwords, contact details, and IP address is also another secret undertaking of AnalyzerSource.
To sum up, it is obvious that AnalyzerSource app is not a beneficial application. The truth is, it belongs to a large group of adware where RecordEnumerator and LeadingOperation are also a member. Installing these types of questionable browser tool diminishes the internet software due to different processes and unnecessary usage of system resources. Therefore, it is better to remove AnalyzerSource from Mac computer. Eliminating the threat would restore privacy and security on the browser program and Mac in general.
Procedures to Remove AnalyzerSource from Mac
This area contains comprehensive procedures to help you remove adware and potentially unwanted program from the computer.
Guide on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of adware like AnalyzerSource. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing AnalyzerSource.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Delete AnalyzerSource from Mac Applications
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find AnalyzerSource or any unwanted program.
4. Drag AnalyzerSource to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to AnalyzerSource
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plug-ins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located AnalyzerSource, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed AnalyzerSource
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. Attackers may masks the actual name with following:
- RecordEnumerator, LeadingOperation
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing AnalyzerSource to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
9. Repeat the process on the following non-hidden folders (without ~):
10. Lastly, go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
- RecordEnumerator, LeadingOperation
Optional : For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to AnalyzerSource adware.
Step 4 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including AnalyzerSource.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, AnalyzerSource is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 5 : Remove AnalyzerSource from Homepage and Search
- Open your Safari browser.
- Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
- Under General tab, navigate to Default Search Engine section and select Google or any valid search engine.
- Next, be sure that "New Windows Open With" field is set to Homepage.
- Lastly, remove AnalyzerSource from the Homepage field. Replace it with your preferred URL to be set as your default homepage.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and press Enter on keyboard : chrome://settings/
- Look for 'On Startup' area.
- Select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'.
- Click on More Actions and select Edit.
- Enter the desired web address as your home page, replacing AnalyzerSource. Click Save.
- To set default search engine, go to Search Engine area.
- Click on 'Manage search engines...' button.
- Go to questionable Search Engine. Click on More Actions and Click 'Remove from list'.
- Go back to Search Engine area and choose valid entry from Search engine used in the address bar.
- Run Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and hit Enter on keyboard : about:preferences
- On Startup area, select 'Show your home page' under 'When Firefox starts' field.
- Under Home Page field, type the desired URL to replace AnalyzerSource settings.
- To configure default search engine, select Search on left sidebar to display settings.
- Under Default Search Engine list, please select one.
- On the same page, you have an option to Remove unwanted search engine.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by AnalyzerSource. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select AnalyzerSource or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with AnalyzerSource.
How to avoid AnalyzerSource app?
The common source of adware and unwanted applications are usually malicious software bundles being offered by distrustful sites. So, staying away from such distribution channel is one thing to avoid AnalyzerSource infection. In addition, do not click on any aggressive pop-up advertisements especially those that are masking as crucial software update. Overall, having a reliable anti-virus program that provide real-time protection is still the most effective way to protect Mac computer against all types of threats.
Post Last Modified On October 5, 2020