AllMoviesSearch is a questionable browser extension that was found out to be deployed in the sole purpose of redirecting web users to sponsored locations like online search page, product page, or marketing sites. This kind of computer threat could cause potentially additional infection on the computer while it actively runs pop-ups and redirects on internet browser application. Therefore, user should perform the removal of AllMoviesSearch at once.
People behind AllMoviesSearch are using different kinds of distribution mechanism to spread this threat all over the internet. Hence, the most efficient of all is the utilization of third party installers like freeware or shareware. Web users frequently pick the freeware from various online servers like torrent portals, file-sharing networks, and software repositories. They are not aware about the presence of AllMoviesSearch on the freeware and obviously, there is no disclosure about the integrated adware. Once the freeware setup process is run on the computer, AllMoviesSearch gets onboard and instantly becomes an integral part of internet software. It was made to dominate the operations of popular applications including Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox.
When actively functioning on the computer, AllMoviesSearch executes unwanted modifications that delegates Allmoviessearch.com as default homepage and search engine. This is where all the distraction starts. When web user carries out an online search, it diverts the internet software to Allmoviessearch.com. This server is an assigned search result provider so; it can manipulate the outcome and includes paid links on the search result page. Authors of AllMoviesSearch intentionally integrate paid links on search result as part of their traffic referral scheme, which means to gain revenue for every visitor driven to client’s website.
Aside from this redirect ad scheme, AllMoviesSearch is able to exhibit aggressive advertisements on the browser application. Things as pop-ups, push notifications, and banners are just some of the disturbing promotional items that web user may encounter as long as AllMoviesSearch is present on the computer. The only way to stop the browser from exhibiting such intrusive ads is to remove the culprit adware. For this reason, we made a simple yet effective solution on this page. Also included are anti-virus and anti-malware tools that user can use to find and delete hidden malicious files associated with AllMoviesSearch adware.
AllMoviesSearch Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Allmoviessearch.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete AllMoviesSearch Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to AllMoviesSearch.
Remove AllMoviesSearch Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find AllMoviesSearch or relevant entry like Allmoviessearch.com and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall AllMoviesSearch Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to AllMoviesSearch and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Allmoviessearch.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove AllMoviesSearch Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of AllMoviesSearch from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Allmoviessearch.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If AllMoviesSearch is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Allmoviessearch.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select AllMoviesSearch or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove AllMoviesSearch automatically, checking the computer with this powerful malware scanner recommended. This security application does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker that assigns Allmoviessearch.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like AllMoviesSearch.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to AllMoviesSearch and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the AllMoviesSearch browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Allmoviessearch.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of AllMoviesSearch on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Allmoviessearch.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by AllMoviesSearch.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to AllMoviesSearch. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Allmoviessearch.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Allmoviessearch.com. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with AllMoviesSearch. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from AllMoviesSearch. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of AllMoviesSearch.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed AllMoviesSearch extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to AllMoviesSearch. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. AllMoviesSearch should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by AllMoviesSearch and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Clear the Safari Internet Browser (Mac)
1. Open your Safari browser application.
2. In the Safari menu, click on Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Preferences window, please select the Privacy tab.
4. Click on Manage Website Data button.
5. Select unwanted entry like AllMoviesSearch and click the Remove button. If you choose to Remove All, you may be logout from most visited websites and online services. Therefore, we advise to remove suspicious item one at a time to prevent changing behavior towards your favorite websites.
6. If it prompts, please confirm your actions.
7. Next, we will need to clear the Cache. Back at the Safari Preferences window, choose Advanced tab.
8. Navigate to the bottom and activate Show Develop menu in menu bar.
9. Go to Safari menu, choose on Develop from the drop down list and click on on Empty Caches.
10. Next thing to do is to restore the Homepage to your preference and remove the one from AllMoviesSearch.
11. Back at the Safari Preferences window, click on General tab.
12. Under Homepage section, type your desired URL to be the default start-up page.
13. Lastly, make sure to have the right Search Engine.
14. Go back to Safari Preferences window and click on Search tab.
15. Select your desired Search tool under the Search engine section.
16. You may not restart Safari browser.
How to remove Allmoviessearch.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Allmoviessearch.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Allmoviessearch.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Allmoviessearch.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Allmoviessearch.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Allmoviessearch.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Allmoviessearch.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Allmoviessearch.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Allmoviessearch.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Allmoviessearch.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Allmoviessearch.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Allmoviessearch.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Allmoviessearch.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.