HogoSpeedup is a security and enhancement tool that was identified to be a member of rogue family. If installed and runs on a Windows computer, users may experience ceaseless but quick system scans, which present hundreds of troubles and malware presence. The misleading effort of HogoSpeedup will persist in showing a repetitive pop-up alerts and warning messages reminding computer users of pending issues requiring immediate repair. Proceeding to this task will cost user or victim a single HogoSpeedup license key.
How does HogoSpeedup infects the computer?
Authors of HogoSpeedup use varying strategies to implant the program onto Windows systems even without authority from users. They are cleverly bundling this rogue tool with a bunch of freeware that are appealing to users and much willing to download and install like free games, internet booster, audio or video players, download helper, and so on. There are also numerous cases that PC users accidentally download and install HogoSpeedup, after clicking on aggressive advertisements masquerading as an Adobe Flash update. Bear in mind that there are hundreds of rogue programs that uses this misleading techniques and among the recent variants are Onrym Speedup, Mar Speedup, and Bokang Speedup.
Be aware that cyber crooks these days are willing to invest in malicious advertising technique to spread their programs. In most cases, these ads bear an appearance of critical software update that urges web users to click on the download button. With this simple technique, attackers can secure the entry of HogoSpeedup on Windows PC. So, to avoid being infected with unwanted applications, make it a habit to update your programs using the resources from legal vendors via their official websites. Stay away from complimentary apps like freeware and shareware that do not disclose the content of their package.
Getting rid of HogoSpeedup
Stopping the HogoSpeedup pop-up alerts require the complete eradication of the malicious software. In some cases, other malware that is relevant to this rogue tool is also present on the computer. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to run a full virus and malware scan to locate and delete hidden malicious objects. Explore the removal guide below and execute it in exact order to effectively remove the counterfeit software.
Please take note of the files and folders relevant to HogoSpeedup. You may need to delete them manually if left behind after the removal process. These files can be found under the Program Files folder.
- Hogo Speedup (32 bit).exe
- Hogo Speedup Updater.exe
- SHogo Speedup.exe
HogoSpeedup Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like HogoSpeedup through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like HogoSpeedup, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete HogoSpeedup rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of HogoSpeedup
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for HogoSpeedup and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall HogoSpeedup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select HogoSpeedup from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove HogoSpeedup unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds HogoSpeedup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of HogoSpeedup using Anti-malware Program
To remove HogoSpeedup automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like HogoSpeedup that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to HogoSpeedup.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.