Hevethat.online is an untrustworthy website that forces web users to visit their page and enable browser notifications. The operation starts by deploying a push alert saying, “Hevethat.online wants to show notifications.” When web user allows it, Hevethat.online will spam the browser with numerous alerts containing intrusive advertisements, pop-up windows, or fake software updates. Clicking such alerts may bring infections to the computer. Some ads can run scripts to download and install malware or can redirect web users into dubious web pages once clicked.
Aside from that, Hevethat.online can also present deceptive techniques tricking the web user into subscribing to their alerts. One way is by exhibiting clickable buttons embedded with code that automatically executes once clicked. For example, Hevethat.online displays “click to download file” or “click allow to continue,” which aims to catch the attention of web users. Clicking those buttons could not really mean to download a file or something. Instead, it runs the code that enables push notifications.
Browser redirects and pop-ups like Hevethat.online are just a minor computer infection. However, some serious threats may begin once the web user subscribes to the Hevethat.online push notification alerts. In order to protect the computer from any further infections, closing the Hevethat.online page would be a good option. In addition, do not attempt to click any advertisements or buttons on the Hevethat.online web page. It might trigger the infiltration of potentially unwanted programs (PUP) or any malicious operations to the computer.
There are two possible reasons why the browser reroutes into malicious websites like Hevethat.online. Primarily, unwanted programs installed on the computer cause browser pop-ups and redirects. Therefore, being redirected to Hevethat.online page could mean that there is malicious software running on the computer. Removing the unwanted program can possibly stop the browser to reroute into dubious websites. Another possible reason for browser pop-up is by visiting compromised sites. Usually, untrustworthy websites display ads from Hevethat.online or any questionable web pages. Clicking such ads can trigger browser redirection that usually leads to undesirable websites.
Steps to remove Hevethat.online pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Hevethat.online. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hevethat.online are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hevethat.online pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Hevethat.online from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Hevethat.online from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Hevethat.online.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Hevethat.online list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Hevethat.online from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Hevethat.online on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hevethat.online entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Hevethat.online pop-up is gone.
Remove Hevethat.online from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Hevethat.online.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Hevethat.online pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Hevethat.online on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Hevethat.online from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Hevethat.online pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Hevethat.online from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Hevethat.online automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Hevethat.online that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Hevethat.online.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Hevethat.online and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Hevethat.online on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Hevethat.online.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Hevethat.online.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Hevethat.online from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Hevethat.online. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Hevethat.online.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Hevethat.online.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Hevethat.online is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.