A questionable website called Headcaptcha.live produces obtrusive pop-up windows and grating redirects. Headcaptcha.live’s main goal is to persuade visitors to accept the push notification feature. If it works, this website can send a free alert to the user’s default Internet browser. Almost every website triggers this notification on a regular basis, especially when a user visits for the first time. However, this feature can be abused for fraud and unlawful advertising, which goes against Headcaptcha.live’s intent.
Online viewers are most likely to pay attention to Headcaptcha.live advertising when it contains interesting material and current trends. The browser may be redirected to unnecessary pages that have scripts that forbid users from leaving Headcaptcha.live by clicking the adverts there, though. The only way out is to click a button that will lead to pages being sent to dubious websites hosting viruses and adware. It is obvious that Headcaptcha.live employs click-bait to persuade Internet users to follow their instructions and visit another website or sign up for a promotional program.
Additionally, Headcaptcha.live click bait can entice users to turn on push notifications by delivering deceptive messages like the ones below:
- Click Allow to watch the video.
- Download your file, click Allow now.
- Click Allow to prove that you are not robot.
- To close this window, click the Allow button.
Adding Headcaptcha.live to the list of websites that are allowed to use the notification feature happens whether an online user hits the “Allow” or “Block” option. There are several websites that employ the same dishonest practices as Headcaptcha.live and they are Orpic.live, Core-trust.xyz, and Lundiapoditing.com. This page trap is not only enforced on Headcaptcha.live.
We advise not accessing websites that engage in piracy, software hacking, or illegal media streaming to prevent being routed to Headcaptcha.live or any other type of page-trap site. These websites have up until now, been the source of intrusive pop-ups and redirection.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Headcaptcha.live will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||22.214.171.124|
Headcaptcha.live Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Headcaptcha.live through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Headcaptcha.live, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Headcaptcha.live redirect including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Get rid of Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Headcaptcha.live pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Headcaptcha.live from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Headcaptcha.live from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Headcaptcha.live.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Headcaptcha.live list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Headcaptcha.live from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Headcaptcha.live pop-up on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Headcaptcha.live entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Headcaptcha.live pop-up is gone.
Remove Headcaptcha.live from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Headcaptcha.live.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Headcaptcha.live pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Headcaptcha.live from Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
5. Find and select Headcaptcha.live from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
6. You may now restart Edge browser.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing Headcaptcha.live to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Headcaptcha.live.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Headcaptcha.live pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted applications are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet software. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Headcaptcha.live.
For Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find suspicious browser extension and Remove it from Google Chrome.
4. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is suspicious and may be relevant to Headcaptcha.live. Click Remove to delete it from Mozilla Firefox.
For Internet Explorer (Uninstall For Edge Browser)
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable suspicious entries from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Headcaptcha.live is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select any distrustful item or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Please restart the computer to complete the uninstall procedure.
Step 4 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Headcaptcha.live
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instance, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Headcaptcha.live is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Headcaptcha.live
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Headcaptcha.live, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Headcaptcha.live and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Headcaptcha.live should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.