VIPCoupon is a browser extension that targets widely used Internet browsers. This adware gets inside the computer in various ways. The code is typically wrapped to freeware or shareware that are hosted on reputable web sites. VIPCoupon also have its own site where users are normally redirected when links from social media sites and spam emails were followed. Other sources of this adware include referrals from linked web sites and online ads set off by adware authors to bring users to VIPCoupon web site.
While VIPCoupon exists, users may observe abundant of pop-up ads. There will also be pull-down ads consisting of offers, coupons, deals, and online savings that may catch your attention. You must be aware that not all ads coming from VIPCoupon are useful. Malware authors are utilizing this kind of scheme to deploy malicious codes. It tries to attract computer users by showing huge discounts for gadgets and expensive items.
VIPCoupon gets inside your compute really quick and less efforts, but if you want to reverse the changes or completely remove it from the computer, you will find that doing so is a complex thing. This adware intentionally did not provide ‘one-click’ uninstall button to let it stay on your computer even though you find it worthless. The only way you can remove VIPCoupon is through the use of scanners and tools made specifically to destroy malicious adware such as this one.
Online Security Scanner Report for vipcoupon.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 18, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Jan. 18, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 18, 2014|
VIPCoupon Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to VIPCoupon. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove VIPCoupon Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted VIPCoupon from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of VIPCoupon on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with VIPCoupon. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to VIPCoupon.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. VIPCoupon should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by VIPCoupon and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.