Traxxen pop-up ads and toolbar is part of an adware that get installed on the computer often without user’s approval. Typically, it is wrapped to freeware that you may acquire from various web sites. Links pointing to the location of Traxxen adware are also sent via spam email messages and social media sites. In addition, you may also acquire the adware directly from their web site if you are convinced into downloading the program thinking that it is useful as how it is promoted.
Installation of Traxxen is discrete. It loads behind the actual software you are installing. Your antivirus program may not react into this process due to the technique used that can bypass security measures put up on the computer.
Once the adware is running, you will observe Traxxen pop-up ads, toolbars, and search. Browser redirects and hijacking are also reported to have been witness by people who became a victim of Traxxen.
There are several web sites offering removal of Traxxen adware. Be careful on selecting the appropriate procedures. Most of them have no difference with the adware. They want full purchase of the suggested tools to be able to remove Traxxen. Worst, you cannot remove the adware even with the registered version of their endorsed security program.
Online Security Scanner Report for Traxxen.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: March 12, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: March 12, 2014|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: March 12, 2014|
How to Remove Traxxen Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Traxxen
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Traxxen entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Traxxen. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Traxxen from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Traxxen on the affected browser.