My Safe Savings or MySafeSavings pop-up ads, coupons, deals, offer, and discount showing up on your browser only proves that adware is present on your computer. Freeware you have obtained may be in charge why you are seeing the pop-up ads frequently. My Safe Savings code is normally packed to freeware and shareware as a method of deployment. You may not be aware of its installation because adware authors make sure that My Safe Savings may not draw user’s awareness when being loaded into the PC.
Ads by My Safe Savings may be useful to some especially those that are fond of online shopping. It is endorsed as a tool that gives you better deals and discount to have huge savings when shopping online. However, most computer users who normally browse the Internet find My Safe Savings worthless. In fact, due to its excessive display of ads, people regard My Safe Savings as some kind of virus-attack.
My Safe Savings is not a virus. It never spread on its own. It requires user intervention to get downloaded. However, bundling technique is used to install the adware without user’s consent. In general, deception is part of My Safe Savings’s operation and uses several dubious web sites as its host. Thus, in order to avoid this adware, user must be very cautious when clicking on links particularly coming from unknown persons or web pages. It is also essential to install anti-malware tool that can protect your computer against malicious web pages.
If My Safe Savings is present on your computer and having trouble removing it, just execute the guide we have made specifically for this adware. Be sure to scan the PC with suggested tools and malware removal programs to completely get rid of My Safe Savings.
Different anti-virus and anti-malware programs may name this threat according to their patterns. Here are some detection names: PUP.Optional.MySafeSavings
Online Security Scanner Report for mysafesavings.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Aug. 23, 2016|
|Dangerous||Feedback: Malicious site||Aug. 23, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Aug. 23, 2016|
How to Remove My Safe Savings Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall My Safe Savings
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove My Safe Savings entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to My Safe Savings. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted My Safe Savings from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of My Safe Savings on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On September 12, 2016