OfferMosquito is an adware that aims to give Internet users the latest offers, coupons, deals, and cashback. It aims to save you money from thousand of offers as you surf the web. Thus, if this adware is stuck on your PC, you will begin to see ads coming from OfferMosquito.
This adware targets users of known Internet browser like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. It arrives on the computer as part of shareware. Most of the time, user who download and install free applications are not aware that OfferMosquito is part of the package. This process of embedding unwanted software into the computer without user’s full consent is considered illicit. In fact, some computer users dubbed OfferMosquito as a virus that instantly taken over the computer.
Technically, OfferMosquito is not a virus. It is an adware that was made to deliver ads that in return will generate profit for people behind this adware. In its aim to target wide number of computer users, it is being deployed aggressively. OfferMosquito adware enters the computer illicitly without taking user’s approval. It alters browsing experience by integrating own code so that ads may appear as user surfs the net. In addition, it has the ability to gather data and record search term on victim’s computer that will be use to issue relevant ads.
Even though OfferMosquito is not considered as virus, we still recommend removing this adware if you find it useless. Uninstalling its code from the system saves you from data stealer.
Online Security Scanner Report for offermosquito.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 10, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Jan. 10, 2014|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 10, 2014|
How to Remove OfferMosquito Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall OfferMosquito
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Offer Mosquito entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to OfferMosquito. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted OfferMosquito from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of OfferMosquito on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On January 10, 2014