One more addition to the list of Superweb adware is WunderWeb. This malicious software is also defined as potentially unwanted program (PUP). It attacks main browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari, carrying the slogan “With WunderWeb, the internet is wonderful.” Mainly, WunderWeb’s goal is to generate profit by popping up advertisements and sometimes redirects your browser to commercial web pages. Some computer users easily acquired this adware without their intention. Sadly, they don’t have effective ways to remove WunderWeb from the Windows operating system.
This adware and its intrusive advertisements that often pop-ups on the browser are not just annoying, it also slows down the computer. WunderWeb collects this ads from a remote server, thus, it also greatly affects your internet speed. Furthermore, your privacy is in danger with this adware. WunderWeb may collect sensitive data from your computer which are relevant to your online accounts.
Protecting your computer from WunderWeb and other sorts of adware requires awareness on its type of attack. In that case, you can avoid the adware and have a secure online browsing. WunderWeb is normally knotted to freeware or shareware that you can download from various websites or hosts. Typically these sites, as well as the program they offered looks very appealing. It can be in a form of software update, required tools, or free games. Pay-per-install is what adware makers usually used to spread their creation. Users are not aware on this scheme, wherein they can install a bunch of unwanted program that is packed in a single shareware. So, in order to prevent WunderWeb, user must be vigilant on what they download and install.
WunderWeb belongs to a large group of adware. There are many versions of this unwanted browser extension and some of it are presented as Diamondata, BatBrowse, Fresh Outlook, Sail Deals, AppEnable, TasticSurf, BeepieBear, Larparus, EnhanceSoft, Thirteen, Spring Smart, Bizzybolt, BrowzBi, Cooking up, Square Corner, Write Results, ViewPlay, Web Tripp, AppSuper, Rad Rater, Forever Net, Bomlabio, Any Angle, Back to Back, Box for You, ResultsBay, Bold Letters, Shamanul, SearchFin, Global Gadget, Higher-Aurum, Crimsolite, Screen Flip, and so on.
WunderWeb Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the Adware from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting pop-ups and redirects.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete WunderWeb Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to WunderWeb.
Remove WunderWeb from Windows (Internet Explorer or Edge Browser)
1. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
2. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
3. Select WunderWeb or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
If WunderWeb is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open Internet Explorer program.
5. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of WunderWeb from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete the same object from Search Providers section.
7. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
Remove WunderWeb Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find WunderWeb or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall WunderWeb Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to WunderWeb and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles are gone from the browser.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove WunderWeb automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful virus and malware removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering adware like WunderWeb.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove adware like WunderWeb.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to WunderWeb and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the WunderWeb adware. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to the succeeding procedures below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of WunderWeb on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces annoying pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by WunderWeb.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to WunderWeb. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by WunderWeb. If the adware still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with WunderWeb. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from WunderWeb. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of WunderWeb.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed WunderWeb extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to WunderWeb. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. WunderWeb should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by WunderWeb and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.