Windows Prime Shield is a computer infection from malware makers. This attack is also known as rogue program as it is masked as a real antivirus program. Actually, Windows Prime Shield displays fake alerts and virus scan results to deceive victims and make them think that computer is under attack with viruses, Trojans and malware.
Windows Prime Shield can be installed onto your computer through the use of Trojans that locates security flaws on the system. The rogue program will get installed without your knowledge. During installation, this malware will drop certain files and create random folders on the computer. File names used by Windows Prime Shield virus are also randomized to elude antivirus programs.
This fake antivirus is configured to start a scan every time you start Windows. Once loaded, it can also perform other task aside from the fake scan. Windows Prime Shield also shows fake alerts and warning about several threats present on the computer. Threats will be located on your computer even if it is clean and free from threats.
As you can see, Windows Prime Shield is so harmful when installed on the PC. Therefore, you must remove it immediately to avoid further damage. We do not advise paying for the registration key of this rogue program. However, you may use free serial key to activate Windows Prime Shield and remove it with ease when your computer is fully functional.
How to Remove Windows Prime Shield
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Windows Prime Shield, we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Windows Prime Shield, click on Buy Full Edition button at the bottom of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Windows Prime Shield Registration Code: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Windows Prime Shield and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Windows Prime Shield’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Windows Prime Shield. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Windows Prime Shield entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Windows Prime Shield have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.